Fall Kayaking - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-27-2018   #1

Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 2014
Fall Kayaking

So I'm retired and have plenty of time to travel and kayak this autumn - at least through mid November. I'm interested in hearing recommendations on where to go. I'm only 3+ - 4- paddler and I'll be solo, so any recommendations have to be where there is a welcoming community of paddling partners, and fun places to hang out when not paddling. I assume the SE, but have no sense of where the best places to go are. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Phil Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2018   #2

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I would say Pac NW or SE are your choices, and considering you are in Arizona the SE seems obvious. My recommendation would be western North Carolina. There are several paddling choices in the immediate vicinity and you are not far from Tennessee/West Virginia/Georgia. I would be looking at the Nantahalla and Ocoee amongst others.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018   #3

Enfield, New Hampshire
Paddling Since: 1990
You could also come to Northern New England. Theres a bunch of fall drawdowns taking place over the next several weeks and that usually gives some cl 3-3+ stuff. Also it will be quite pretty with all the foliage changing.
JIMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2018   #4

little rock, Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmyers View Post
I would say Pac NW or SE are your choices, and considering you are in Arizona the SE seems obvious. My recommendation would be western North Carolina. There are several paddling choices in the immediate vicinity and you are not far from Tennessee/West Virginia/Georgia. I would be looking at the Nantahalla and Ocoee amongst others.
What Logan said, and I'll add French Broad plus a bunch of others. North Carolina is Disney World for paddlers. Hit up the Carolina Canoe Club on the facebooks. They are a very welcoming bunch and will be happy for you to join them on some southeastern goods. And, a little over halfway through your thirty hour pilgrimage you'll find yourself in the Natural State, at which point if the water gods are feeling generous you can treat yourself to some creeking. If the water gods are not feeling generous (or even if they are) I will buy you a beer or several.
lncoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kayaking