Every Buzzard Please Read This!!! Thanks - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-29-2009   #1

185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
Every Buzzard Please Read This!!! Thanks

Let me just say this up front, I hope the tone of this post does not come off as angry. I am more just disappointed.

Anyways I biked, I boated and I tried to raise some money.

I hit up 23 class V runs and put in 875 miles on my bike. I hauled over 100lbs of gear over 9 mountain passes. I spent the better part of my summer slowly chasing water. The whole idea was to raise money for AW and First Descents.

I will possibly bike to the Crystal Gorge and will for sure bike to Gore for the race. Getting to Gore will easily put me over 1000 miles and give me 24 runs.

Now I have no idea if all of you have been giving tons of money to AW because I canít track it, but when you link to 1st D I see all those who have donated, and its not a lot from the boating community. Big thanks to those that have donated.

Now I know times are tough, and who am I to tell people how to spend their money. I know that many of you already gave to 1st D this year for the Vertical Challenge and you all are awesome for that. You are going to send 34 people to the camp for a week, but how about making that 35 young strong people.

I am not asking for 50 bucks from all of you. A dollar a person would suffice. It is one of those things where if you think your dollar wonít make a difference then it wonít, but if everyone throws in then we can raise a huge amount. There are supposedly 16326 members on this forum, I am guessing most are Lotsaís alias, but lets say there are 2000 real users who use this site all the time. A buck from all of you can send two people to first descents.

It seriously takes maybe two minutes to donate online. Hit up my blog if you havenít and help some brothers and sisters out. If you go to the beginning and look up Homestake video #2 you will see Brad Ludden and a paddler named Thatcher running the mank. Let me tell you how awesome it was to meet Thatcher and hear that a few years ago he learned to kayak at 1st D. Oh and he beat the crap out of cancer. Now he is running class V. Tell me that isnít awesome.

Watch this video and with good conscience walk away from helping these people. You all love the rivers so why not help a few more people learn how amazing they are and let them experience the joy we get from the water.

And lets just get some things out of the way before they are brought up.

Yeah I didnít get 50 runs, so if that is your reason for not throwing down a buck, fine. Sorry, I suck.

I donít want to hear about being a dirtbag kayaker. So far I have yet to meet a true dirtbag kayaker. In fact many of you who I have met own really nice cars to run shuttle with or shoot awesome video with your HD cameras, or helmet cams. If nothing else you have a sixer of PBR. I would never tell someone to not drink their hard earned beer, but donít buy the six pack once and throw down a five spot. When I see you at the bar I will buy you a drink.

Once again thanks to those who have donated, you all rock. Hopefully this awesome community can send another paddler or two to the camp.

Thanks,
Kevin

yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2009   #2

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
I'll throw in a couple bones this weekend. if anybody wants to be a spectator cause you are to pussy to race sat than bring 10 dolla!

agree with kevin. i need to donate more of my borrowed money as well.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009   #3

B.F.E., Wyoming
Mike I'll throw down something to give to him when you go down...

Kevin Just make sure mike gives you it... If not you have my personal permission to beat the shit out of him.
freexbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2009   #4

Bozeman, Montana
come on luke no handling fee?
Old 07-29-2009   #5

B.F.E., Wyoming
Nope...
freexbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009   #6

185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
Thanks guys. Mike you can just put it in the sweet cutoffs I will be rockin.
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009   #7

Bozeman, Montana
how about i hand you an envelope and shake your hand. little to front range for me.
Old 07-29-2009   #8

Rotorua, NZ
$20 on its way for you Kev, sorry all these pansies have not helped out more. Its like two beers worth here in Iceland, so I wont miss it too much. Nice job getting as much done as you did bro.
paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009   #9

Vail, CO
Paddling Since: 2008
I am a support raft for 1st D on friday...and even though I don't consider myself a "buzzard" and already live well beyond my means (turning 30 in March) I will be making a donation when I get to the camp...

so step up fellas!!

Matty
Brotorboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009   #10
BKC

Kevin -

24 Class V's by bike is damn impressive, in one summer! Nice work. Set the bar. Ian and Kevin had some great stories about bumping into you while running across CO catching good flow. Dropped $35 in for FD.
BKC is offline   Reply With Quote