Escalante Update 4-12-07 - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-12-2007   #1

Escalante Update 4-12-07

Hey, did anyone get up to Escalante during this week?

Anyway... It got pretty cold in Montrose last night (around freezing) and it's currently 36 and dumping snow. We have about an inch here, which means the drainage above Escalante is getting hammered.

This probably means that the river is dropping off now, but will come back with force as soon as it warms up. Does this mean I have to get my skis back out?

I won't make it out this weekend, but the week and weekend after that I'll be ready to roll (so to speak.)

tom

Tom R Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2007   #2
DES

Durango, Colorado
Thanks Tom for the updates. You 'da man!
We had some great runs last weekend, and are thinking about heading out there this weekend as well. Please keep the posts coming.
Thanks a bunch.
DES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007   #3

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
LOL, love these chamberlin updates. What do you do TC, put the kids in their boats and go watch? I mean you look like your a hockey goalie for gods sake, not a class 4+ paddler. I know it's gotta be low if you're putting on.
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2007   #4

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Send a message via Yahoo to Rhodes
Did anyone get on it this weekend? I just got out to GJ this evening, will be here for a week if anyone wants to meet up for an afternoon run.
Ben
303 995-7433
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007   #5
Len

Buena Vista, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
Did anyone get on it this weekend? I just got out to GJ this evening, will be here for a week if anyone wants to meet up for an afternoon run.
Ben
303 995-7433
I just got back from a run earlier this afternoon. Apparently it was slightly higher today than Saturday, but definitely still on the low side.

Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007   #6

Hey Gary.... I don't have any kids, but Barry does (ages 6 and 3.) I think they are both paddling harder shit than you. When are you commin' out to take them on? We are coming your way on or about June 9th. You gonna be around? Melisa wants to put you in a submittion hold!

Hey everybody else... stuff has been dropping around here because of the cold weather, but its been snowing and raining a lot. There should be a bunch of snow left above Escalante. Hopefully it will get back up to a good medium level soon.

Keep in touch
tom

Is there another word for synonym?
Old 04-16-2007   #7

student wasted state, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via AIM to vaultman14
how do you think weds will be????
Old 04-16-2007   #8

Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
Tom,

I'll be back in Junction all of next week. I would love to go run it if the water comes back up (and I can find the crack in my boat and fix it, rock hoping down Esca at low water didn't do my boat much good.) Maybe rally Donnie and Berry to join us. Get the whole hocky mask crew together.

Anyone else watching this thread, remember a 20$ face mask is a hell of a lot better than a 20,000$ facial reconstruction. Thank you to Tom, Berry and Donnie for teaching me that.

Gary, come join us.

Josh
ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007   #9

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
Thanks for the invite Josh. Tom is too slow, Donnie still lives in BV and barry is way too busy with kids. I know for a fact that Barry will take time out of his day to snap a couple fingers back into place. As for the lacrosse/hockey what evr those things are, um, didn't they teach you to paddle where you can breathe?

Gary
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007   #10

My guess is Wednesday it will still be low.

Josh - Barry, Donny and I are planning on hitting Escalante Sat / Sun. We would love to have you along. But I will be watching the weather and the flow. I don't really want to bang down it if it is to low.

Gary - are you stuck in Jackson? Is stuff running up there?

tom

If you ate both pasta and antipasto together, would you still be hungry?