escalante season? - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-02-2006   #1

Father of illegitimate San Juan sasquatch children, Climax. CO
escalante season?

Just wondering if grand mesa/uncompahgre area has a decent snowpack and if ecsalante might have a brief season this year? I think I remember cows almost getting swept into the creek last easter (big sunday?), at least that is what they told me. But it seems like esca was running about this time last year?
later Johnny

floaty22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2006   #2

Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
Not much snowpack this year. We wont get to run the shit big and in the dusk again. It will most likely run around the first week of May like past years.

Josh
ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #3

Hey Josh
How is everything going? Ever get those pictures from last year? Are you going to be in junction? Luckily we have some sort of a snowwpack down here now, so if you want to hit the upper Animas let me know.
See ya, Johnny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2006   #4

Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
Im still in Junction til the 18th of May, then back to Estes Park. That area is gunna rage this year. Send me your e-mail address, and Ill send you the pics I have of you. There is only a couple, but they are decent. If the animas runs early, Im game, just depends on where I am. Ill let you know on Esca, if it runs. Any chance you still have the video or pics from our run? Sometime in the next few weeks, Im looking to get to gore and cross mtn if your interested, ill let you know as well.

Josh
ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006   #5

would definately like to make it to cross or gore soon. I do have video, but my camera is at the bottom of vallecito. I know what you are thinking, but it wasn't a swim (thank god). The piedra is starting to come up and that means the animas will be about 3/4 weeks behind.
[email protected]
give the heads up for cross or gore.
Johnny
Old 04-06-2006   #6

Escalante

I would have guessed that we wouldn't have got a single day on Escalante this year if you would have asked a few weeks ago, but things have changed. Several storms have hit the area and its snowing up there right now. I'm guessing we will have a short season with med-low flows. It will start as soon as things really heat up. Maybe in a couple of weeks. I will be up there climbing this weekend and I will have a look.
Tom R Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006   #7
DES

Durango, Colorado
Fuc! Yeah! Keep us posted on that.
DES is offline   Reply With Quote