Escalante Flow Update?? - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-27-2011   #1

Idaho Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Escalante Flow Update??

Anybody got one? It was dropping when we left sunday evening and I was just curious if it shut down. Looking at the weather, it seems like it may have shut down and could still be this weekend or bone zone low.

If anyone heads over during the later part of the week, will you please help us out with an update? Greatly appreciated!

Gavin

glcasson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2011   #2
gOtTaGokAyAkn'

Ashville North Carolina, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
It will be warm the next couple of days. I expect it to be higher than our medium sunday run. I think it has a good chance of getting higher, like last friday mourning when we all missed the high water spike. Jasons please report back after your lap this evening.
Old 04-27-2011   #3
swimming

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Running

I was there yesterday, Tuesday. It was still running, and the finn was covered. It was raining/snowing like hell. the ground is super saturated so I have high hopes that it will run strong this weekend when it warms up.
Hope to see ya down there.
Ben-Lucks-a-Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2011   #4
Boof like a Utard.

Moab, Utah
Paddling Since: 1995
Tuesday night was that really hard frost. Has anyone been in there since then?
kennyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #5

Geologist, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
We ran it Thursday and it was low. We portaged the falls but everything else went. It was still fun, but technical. Elbow pads recommended.
jonny water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #6

Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
We ran it today. It is LOW! Leap of faith is just barely runnable, half our 4 person crew hit the rock in the landing zone. The rock that is normally boofed off is sticking out of the water.

I'll second elbow pads and technical! The slot or rib cracker is sick right now. Its a must make small window boof or your going to take your right side or face to that flake.

We ran everything minus the falls though. 57 fin is out of the water, with a bit of water surging over the top tip. I'll post a photo tonight.

Chances are it will continue to drop. I'm going back tomorrow w/ a group, only cause we are in junction and nothing else is running. I'll post again on what is happening.

Start praying for hot weather fast, forecast shows that we will have good weather rest of the week, so next weekend should be excellent!
ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #7
Boof like a Utard.

Moab, Utah
Paddling Since: 1995
thanks for the updates, y'all. I think there's enough snow up there to get a second push out of it, or at least I hope. see you over there when the heat finally gets here...holy shit the jetboat to the confluence was freezing today!
kennyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #8

Ketchum, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1983
escalante run

planning to head over to ecalante solo may 2or3. if anyone else interested let me know. 208 720-1693
Gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011   #9

Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
Esca is done for now. Ran it yesterday. Leap of faith is a portage, the rip cracker is nasty, piton rocks every where. Broke one boat, dented in the front of another.

Until the weather warms up again, don't go! Hopefully this weekend, weather is looking good the rest of the week!
ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011   #10

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Send a message via AIM to craven_morhead
Super stoked that I didn't head out there last weekend. Hopefully things will look good for this weekend!
craven_morhead is offline   Reply With Quote