Emotional Responses to Adventure Accidents - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-15-2011   #1

Unity, Maine
Emotional Responses to Adventure Accidents

I am doing a research project on the emotional responses of survivors of adventure accidents. If you have been in any mountaineering/climbing/boating/skiing accident, I would love for you to fill out my survey if you are wiling to share your experience.
Your answers will be anonymous. I will post the results when I am finished.
Thanks for your support! Here is the link:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PVYLDG5

klynbo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011   #2

Louisville, Colorado
Maybe too late - but I would add an option for those that have worked in the outdoor industry but no longer do. Be prepared for people that have had numerous jobs in the outdoor industry.

I have been the "vicitm" numerous outdoor accidents, none resulting in serious injury to me. The most troubling, life changing and memorable incidents are where I was a first responder and people died, could have died, or were injured seriously. Does your survey want only victim response, or responder as well?
catwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #3

Riverdale, Utah
Paddling Since: 1977
Interesting project.
The survey doesn't distinguish if you've been in more than one accident. Also, you may want to ask if any of the "symptoms" were present before the accident as well.
wasatchbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011   #4

Unity, Maine
If you have been involved in more than one accident, you are still qualified to take the survey. Additionally, if you have responded to accident, you can take the survey. Thanks for your input!!!!
klynbo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #5

Helena, Montana
Paddling Since: 96
Interesting premise, will look at it more when i am at a computer instead of my phone.
Old 11-15-2011   #6
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
I took the survey. It's kind of vague and weird. I chose an accident where I fell out of the boat. Not too traumatic...
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #7

Riverdale, Utah
Well, if you want to fine-tune the questions in the future, or look at other aspects of this issue, I think there is a fairly well-known correlation (and causation) between major head injuries and depression. So you could try to separate out that injury type, maybe with a question about if the victim lost consciousness or not. Good luck with the project.
Old 11-15-2011   #8

Up shites creek, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
taken
yesimapirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011   #9

Goshen, New York
Hey, the only real bad accidents I was involved in involved skiing in bounds and motorcycles. Your categories are to limiting.
rebel1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011   #10

Riverdale, Utah
Good point rebel, if the definition was something like "adrenaline sports", I bet inbounds skiing/snowboarding and motorcycling would have the highest number of injuries per # of participants.

Tags
accident