With over 1,135,141 feet (39 sea to summits on Mt. Everest) dropped between May 15-June 15, the 3rd Annual EddyFlower Vertical Challenge draws to a close and another successful year. A BIG shout of thanks to all of the competitors who stepped up to get out and paddle more while raising donations for First Descents. Dam I am amped up with what people have done!
Thanks to all of our sponsors for their partnership in the event: Boquete Outdoor Adventures, Fluid Kayaks, Keen, Kokatat, NRS, Aquabound, Kayak Session, Gaia, Red Bull, Level 6, Smith Optics, Predator Waterproof cameras, Tech 40, Loki, Shred Ready, Face Level and Alpenglow
- Currently over $30,600 in donations have been raised in the name of First Descents. This sends 30 young adults with cancer to camp for a week.
- 182 competitors on 43 teams represented 13 states this year, including our first International runs from Costa Rica
- Check out the standings page. http://www.eddyflower.com/VerticalStandings.aspx
Use the drop down on the upper left
to view various reports from the event. Official winners for Vertical and Donations will be announced next week, but we wanted to get the word out about the party in Colorado. So mark your calendar!
Wednesday July 22nd
Blue Canyon Grill in Golden CO
6:30 til Close … prizes will be awarded around 8 and video to follow
- What to do before the party:
Rally your crew and paddle what is left on your favorite stretch of Clear Creek
- More event party information: http://www.eddyflower.com/EventDetail.aspx?EventId=131
- Here is a link where you can view all the video teasers created for this year's event: http://vimeo.com/4523544