Ecuador Awesome - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-04-2004   #1

Ecuador Awesome

Just got back from the most amazing paddling trip! Ecuador totally rocks- warm rivers and no crowds. Trying to fly with paddling gear is not worth it (see FAQ forum). Can rent good boats and paddles down there: smallworldadventures.com They also have an awesome base on the Quijos river.

boaterbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2004   #2

Arvada, 80003
Paddling Since: 2002
i know the creeking is sick down there, but how is the play down there?
TheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #3

crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo
i remember monster surf waves, numerous holes.....we were in class 5 mode when there.. and larry, don and alan h. were great guides....don beverage is a sick mutha....i have a guide book here if anybody wants some info...beware of the JUNGLE FACTOR!
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2004   #4

legend
i got good advice from an olympic kayaker about flying with boats. he said to say it was a display for a business trade show. allways works.
N. Wigston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #5

Socratic Philosopher
Milo,
Uh...what is the JUNGLE FACTOR?
-gordo
Old 11-06-2004   #6

crested butte, Colorado
JUNGLE FACTOR= bugs, snakes, micro-critters, self rescue, moving wood and mainly.......flash flooding because it rained six hours away and now you get it!....beautiful country and people....been twice....
Old 11-07-2004   #7

Playin' in Ecuador

I suck at play boating myself, so didn't do much, but I am told that it is really good. They lower Mishualli definitely rocks. Don B ( who was referred to in one of the other messages) would be a good one to ask. He works at Small World, so could probably be contacted through that address.
boaterbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004   #8

crested butte, Colorado
if you want your creeking-ish/ play run look into the JONDACHI, outside of TENA....6 miles of steep 4-5 nectar(5 w/more h2o, zero flatwater!)...then 19 miles of 4-4+ish play.....cool run that flows into the AMAZON.....ecuador kicks ass but may be on the semi-sketchy side....as in any city...waatch yourself
Old 11-17-2004   #9

Yea, the play is quite good, especially if you like some of it on the fly. World Class Kayaking Academy is on an every other year visit to Ecuador and that is there specialty. There are some good park and play spots but Ecuador is rightly known more for the creeking and river running though. Anyplace with the density of whitewater that occurs down here has to have it all. Hey Milo, the jungle and city factors have chilled since you were here. the volcanoes are even behaving themselves. When are you going to come back to paddle with Don, Darcy and me?
LarryV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004   #10

Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
SO....... Ecuador or Costa Rica?

ben
benrodda is offline   Reply With Quote