East Coast Mountain Buzz (Gauley Fest) - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-07-2005   #1
TAC

East Coast Mountain Buzz (Gauley Fest)

We are looking to run the New River Gorge on Thursday (9/22) before the Gauley Fest......anybody know any websites useful for hooking up with people to boat and run shuttle with in that area? Anybody from CO interested in the run on that day?

TAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2005   #2

Student
link

http://boatertalk.com/forum/BoaterTalk
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005   #3

Re: East Coast Mountain Buzz (Gauley Fest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC
We are looking to run the New River Gorge on Thursday (9/22) before the Gauley Fest......anybody know any websites useful for hooking up with people to boat and run shuttle with in that area? Anybody from CO interested in the run on that day?
I have run the New several times and will be out there that week....Im loooking for raoadtrip partners from Boulder out there and back..i have room in my van for gear and people..(2 people 2 boats)
vayo con dios is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2005   #4
TAC

Chris.......we are flying out, so we can't road trip. I will give you a call. We would definitely be up for a run on the New Thursday 9/22/05.

Trent (720) 394-5375
TAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #5

Upper yough might be running that week too.

usually there is a release on upper yough week before gauley fest week. The power plant is under new management so it might not happen this year.
komushio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #6

Denver, Colorado
Komushio,

The new management isn't going to change the standard Friday and Monday release is it? Our group is already set up (some flying, others driving) to hit the standard releases on the Upper Yough before and after Gauley fest w/e. We'll need to do some replanning if this is the case.

Thanks,
Darren
Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005   #7

Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
Livingston, DO you feel that I may not have done my research? The party starts in 5 days and the Yough will be running. Now, just so we're clear......that back hand 360 bullsh*t you knocked Corey Volt out with last year will not be an option this year. I want a clean fight (you know I'd never try any of that girl crap)..........no biting either. And Craw, pick your Boxing under the Bear opopnent early......I think Blumpkin's up for a match. No excuses.
erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005   #8

Master's Student
Those of you driving to the Gauley, if you are planning on taking I-70 across, would anybody have any extra rack space for a slalom C-1?

My slalom boat is with Chris Wiegand in Lafayette who is the director of the Front Range Paddle Association. I am currently finishing up my last semester of my Masters at the University of Missouri, and would like to be re-united with my boat.

Since is costs to ship a boat, we can definitely arrange a contribution to your gas or beer fund.

Thanks in advance!
knu2xs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005   #9

e-town, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
I can probaly take the boat, I just emailed chris and we can coordinate. I am leaving vail sometime on monday, I might ne in stl pretty late at night, hope thats not too much of a hassle!

anyone else still want to go, I have room cause the other chodes backed out.

Darren, I will be at the yough too, c-ya at the put in!
liquidchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005   #10

Master's Student
I just recieved an e-mail from Chris, thanks.

Also, I am in Columbia, MO, which is almost exaclty 12 from the front range. Unfortunately I know this all too well, as I have done this drive way too many times.

Thanks again!
knu2xs is offline   Reply With Quote