Drain plug removal = homicide - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-11-2015   #1

Denver,, exhaustion
Drain plug removal = homicide

Oh crap I sure hope they never find out how many times we remove each others drain plugs.

In Autopsy Report, Medical Examiner Says Kayaker Was Victim of ‘Homicide’

Advertisement

Old 09-11-2015   #2

Denver,, exhaustion
wibby I believe we have footage of you "trying to kill me" bailey
Old 09-12-2015   #3

I know I have still shots of that, just no video. Fun day.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2015   #4
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Bizarre
KSC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015   #5

Steamboat, Colorado
It is really bizarre. How can they prove that she removed the plug on purpose? I sometimes forget to put my plug back in when I drain the boat after a rain storm...
All in all I think I'd consider it an accident if not for her weird actions after his death... especially considering it happened BEFORE they were even married, so unless she's the beneficiary of his life insurance she's probably not getting shit for murdering him anyway... He also wasn't wearing a life jacket...
Maybe we're not getting the whole story; maybe she was a victim of domestic violence, hence the "it felt good knowing he was going to die."
Who knows? Women are fucking crazy....
Old 09-16-2015   #6

OTR, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I consider it more dangerous to try to convince your buddies to drink beers before an "all downhill" bike ride.
SKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015   #7

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Like I've said, if he'd just put the toilet seat back down, he may still be alive today...
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015   #8

Because a missing drain plug is going to cause more of a problem than the fact he wasn't wearing a skirt? I'm pretty sure you're going to get more water in through an open cockpit than the drainhole...

The reporting on this has always been pretty terrible. They made a big deal about her supposedly moving the paddle away from him after he went in the water, but I'm not sure what he'd do with a paddle to save himself anyway. The tiny bit of flotation you'd get from a paddle isn't going to help, and unless you've practiced swimming with one it's harder than just swimming. It'd make more sense for him to go for his or her boat.

I'm not sure what evidence they have she moved the paddle away anyway. If there was an eye witness close enough to see a paddle in choppy water (and see her move the paddle away), surely they'd be close enough to see something a lot more damaging? Or why didn't they just paddle over and save him themselves?

Very little about this story has ever made sense to me.
jaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015   #9

Pucn, Chile
Paddling Since: 1990
Don't think she was capable of offing him from a kayak...

This is an experienced knowledgable kayak group and we all understand the impossibility of killing a person by removing their drain plug. The absurdity is even worse with no skirt.

But I think about the concept of trying to drown someone in choppy waters as a non-kayaker. I've rescued non-kayakers/rafters who fully climbed my body. One guy climbed my paddle and I literally had to fight him for my paddle as he knocked me upside down. These rafters thought they could drown.

A bigger man is struggling in open choppy water with small inexperienced kayaker. To me it could make rational sense her inability to even attempt a rescue. Even the throwing of the paddle is a question mark. My wife is a remarkable athlete, styles class V, was a softball shortstop in her day... And I have seen her throw a paddle in current not anywhere close to me.

Maybe there were some other things and motiv... But as far as her being able to execute a murder from a kayak I just don't see the skills. She's probably lucky to have survived herself.
Pucon Kayak Hostel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015   #10
swimming

madrid, Idaho
Paddling Since: one
Quote:
Originally Posted by adgeiser View Post
Oh crap I sure hope they never find out how many times we remove each others drain plugs.

In Autopsy Report, Medical Examiner Says Kayaker Was Victim of ‘Homicide’
I also need this information , hopefully this can help me Thank you
babylie is offline   Reply With Quote