Don't even bother, I'm clearly going to win... (1/4 mile trash talk) - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 05-11-2018   #1

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Don't even bother, I'm clearly going to win... (1/4 mile trash talk)

You know, years ago, I talked a lot of trash about the 1/4 mile race. This was before I became the race director and envisioned pretty much the greatest start ramp a kayak race has ever had. I mean, if I WERE racing , I'd clearly beat all of you (I'd make Andre Spino-Smith look like a roadside gaper).

If you want even half a chance, then I make it known that we're setting up the start ramp a week from today (friday). You had better get out there friday afternoon and drop that ramp a few times. That's the only way you could possible have even come close to the time I would have posted had I been racing.

Advertisement

Old 05-12-2018   #2

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Good thing I'm not racing because I would thrash Hojo's time and probably make the stoutest starting ramp entry of the entire event. However, since I'm the founder/director I'll be running around and making sure that everything's going as planned. So, here's your chance to become the "Queen/King of the Screaming 1/4 Mile Race" on Saturday may 19th starting at 11am and check in at our Vendor Village 1 hour before the race. To register go to: www.thegoldengames.com and let the trash talking begin!
T-ROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018   #3

Geologist, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
So who is going to race? I am really surprised with the lack of talk on this thread or even the whole web site! What has happened here? Are kayakers really a dying breed that is being replaced by SUPers or are we all just lame or is that this site doesn't see the same activity that we once were blessed with? I miss the sh-t talking, stories and information. Where are others going for their information....boaterTalk?
jonny water is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2018   #4
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny water View Post
So who is going to race? I am really surprised with the lack of talk on this thread or even the whole web site! What has happened here? Are kayakers really a dying breed that is being replaced by SUPers or are we all just lame or is that this site doesn't see the same activity that we once were blessed with? I miss the sh-t talking, stories and information. Where are others going for their information....boaterTalk?
Have you heard of Facebook? It's the place to go whether you're a shit-talking boater or big data stealing election swindler.
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018   #5
-k-

Denver via GJ, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Kayaking doesn’t even live up to proper stereotypes any more, bunch of conformists!