View Poll Results: Does Paul owe ice cream
Yea 7 23.33%
Nay 23 76.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2009   #1

185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
Does Paul owe me Ice Cream?

This is referring to Paul as in Paul the Kayaker, or otherwise know as 1/3 of the 3 high fives group.

So there we were at the Big South today (Wed), cause thats what we do. We got to Cool World and Paul was looking a little green since the last time he was up in this neck of the woods he swam for the second time in 7 years.
So I said, "Hey no problem I will go first and you can make a decision after that." I was careful not to use Lotsacocksinmybutt ill fated statement of " Just follow my lines", but just a caring see how you feel after I run this shit.

I then proceeded to run the drop with so much style that Gucci called up and asked if they could use my style for their new fall line. I said no by the way cause I am no sellout.

It was also enough style that Paul "ran" the drop. I had just gotten done asking Frenchy if he had ever seen anyone go into the upper right pocket when here comes Paul poppin my upper pocket cherry. I let out an ewwww. and then after a seond or two Paul squirted out and in front of the curtain.

His skirt had blown while he was under and he had to paddle over to the eddy in a boat filled with water and get out in the water in the eddy.

I would like to think that this is a swim. It seems to be no different than getting pinned and having to get out of your boat. His bad line caused him to have to exit his craft against his will, regardless of wether he paddled it and had all of his gear. I have swam and no one had to get my gear, it was still a swim.

So we decided to let the buzzards decide for us. Just know I really want some ice cream.

yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2009   #2

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I'm thinkin its a "no." If he managed to stay in his boat, surface with all his gear, and able to paddle to the eddy with a boat full of water, I'm thinking the friendly thing is to offer him a icecream cone....However, since you allows him to hang with you and your incredible style maybe he does owe you.....don't know man....maybe its a coin toss!
Old 07-15-2009   #3

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
As a rafter who took one look at that upper right pocket and said screw this rapid, i'm portaging 'cause i don't want to end up drowning in that pocket, my vote is he doesn't owe you anything. Coming out in your boat with all of your gear, skirt imploded or not, and getting to shore under your own power - that deserves style points, Gucci Style points.

Had he needed help getting to shore, that would be a different story. Then again I thought Ice Cream Rules applied to whoever rolled the most times and that bootie beers applied to swims - or am I confused?
raftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2009   #4

No ice cream.
Old 07-16-2009   #5

Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1985
you owe him a beer for probing the right corner pocket and answering your question.
Old 07-16-2009   #6

Since he didn't actually engage in the art of swimming, and he exited his craft upright and unpinned, then it doesn't count as a swim tally. The blown skirt is more of a equipment malfunction then ice cream points.

But, the bad line certainly counts as a roll in the daily total, and thus still puts him in the running for the most rolls. And whomever had the most rolls still owes you ice cream.
Old 07-16-2009   #7

Paul won't fess up as to whether he was rolled since he had some down time and then came up upright. It is a little Pedro situation.
Old 07-16-2009   #8

It counts as a roll at the least because he missed the line and got stuffed and thus put himself, and the team in danger. The Pedro factor...

Raftus, the bootie beer is meant to punish yourself for swimming at the expense of others. The ice cream is meant to reward the others for rescuing/saving/hanging out with you despite your lack of style, at your expense. If you swim, both rituals go into affect. Just cause you have to drink a bootie beer doesn't mean that I don't want ice cream.
Old 07-16-2009   #9

Well if that counts as a roll,, then Paul owes ice cream.
Old 07-16-2009   #10

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
agree not a swim, but for sure ice cream needs to be owed.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote