Does anyone know about a bad batch of bliss-stick hukas? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 05-04-2005   #1

Father of illegitimate San Juan sasquatch children, Climax. CO
Does anyone know about a bad batch of bliss-stick hukas?

Had a friend, who works at a paddle shop, tell me today that he heard there was a bad batch of hukas made. The batch was a certain color scheme like red/blue/black or yellow/blue or something. This makes sense cause I was told at the perception shop back east years ago that you cannot mix certain colors of certain plastics together because they cool differently and some colors are more dense and less flexible than other colors causing cracking at transition areas. That is why in a specific boat red or blue ones will be smaller that yellow or green boats of the same model. It's weird, go check it out at your local shop.
I do not know if what i was told today is true. I think bliss stick boats are great and do not wish in anyway make false statements. I Just wanted a little heads up
I am a chemistry student and i loved how everyone got together on the jackson cross-link plastic topic. I am hoping this topic will bring more insight into kayak trivia and help me decide if I am willing to replace my well worn micro230 with a huka!
Let's get it, Johnny

floaty22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2005   #2
gh

pnw, Colorado
There was a thread on this a while back. Do a search on it and you will see a discussion on that issue.
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005   #3
mp

Huka

Floaty,
Look at the last post and give me a hollar if you want to demo one or have any other questions.
Mike Paris
Bliss Stick Agent
mparis17 at comcast. net

PS Floaty I tried to email you and PM you but it wouldn't go through.
mp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2005   #4

YOUR PM went through. Thanks for the information. I figured that something like that could have happened to a couple of boats. Of course nothing bad and bliss stick took care of it.
I live in durango, so i don't know how easy it would be to get a demo to me, but it would be nice. Drop a line if this is possible.
Later, Johnny
Old 05-05-2005   #5

Ski Patrol
Bliss Stick Plastic

I worked for Bliss-Stick over the summer and I was able talk to the head plastic baker at the factory about this subject. I do recall him saying something about one color being the strongest plastic. Maybe Green???? But I don't think that is was that much of a difference. And it may have been just Clarkie's opinion. Anyway as far as a bad batch.......I never heard of that going on. I like the Hucka a bunch. I beat the crap out of it in NZ and not a major scratch after plenty of abuse. Looks like the new creeker they have coming out (yet to be named) is going to be really sweet. Check it out on Bliss-Stick's web site http://www.bliss-stick.com/creeker .I can't wait to get mine! Bliss-Stick is not selling through retailers in CO this year. The boats are only being sold trough agents. The good thing about this is that a brand new boat with warranty is only 750.00 plus shipping (usually 50 bucks in CO) delivered to your house in about 1 week.

That's about all I know.
cheers

Mike Hagadorn
Summit, CO Bliss-Stick Agent.
[email protected]
DeLiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005   #6

Thanks mike,
-Will the new creeker be in the same price range as the other boats? I am stil considering a huka but want to creek a friends or demo somewhere. I would buy one of the new boats because they do look sweet with more length and that could hopefully equate to even better tracking?.
-everyone i have talked to recently about the plastic on the hukas said they never had anything happen with the plastic and it may have been some weird thing that happened to a couple of boats years ago.
see ya, Johnny
Old 05-08-2005   #7

Ski Patrol
As far as I know any Bliss-Stick Boat is 750$ pluss shipping to your doorstep. Yeah buddy The New Creeker is going to be bit longer than the Hucka. And yes better for punching holes, tracking and larger volume handling. I do believe that this boat will rival the EL Jeffe without the $CHING$. Unfortunately I am not sure when they will be in the states as of yet. I do know that a new batch of fresh 2005 Huckas and MACs are soon on the way. I will hear from the Bliss-Stick boys down in NZ soon about the new creeker. I will keep the Buzz posted.

Keep it Steep
Mike Hagadorn
Summit Bliss Stick Agent
DeLiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005   #8

Re: Does anyone know about a bad batch of bliss-stick hukas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by floaty22
Had a friend, who works at a paddle shop, tell me today that he heard there was a bad batch of hukas made.
That implies there was a good batch???!!
**** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005   #9

I also wrote,

"I do not know if what I was told today is true. I think bliss stick boats are great and do not wish in any way to make false statements. I just wanted a little heads up"

Someone who does know what is going on told me the situation about the "bad" batch of boats. In reality the boats really were not bad at all. It was just a rumor. I myself just wanted more insight into this statement of a bad batch of boats as I am interested in purchasing one. The store clerk also did not know if this was true and suggested that i checked it out. Of course I turned to the good samaritans of mountainbuzz to help me out with this one predicament. Thanks for all the beta folks. Hopefully what I learned will help you guys out too.
Johnny
Old 05-09-2005   #10

FYI, I saw a Huka break on OBJ for no reason, a foot long crack on the top of the back deck. I think it was red and black.
Jamie D is offline   Reply With Quote