do you remember Daryle Bogenrief? - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-23-2010   #1

pagosa, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
do you remember Daryle Bogenrief?

its been 5 years since Daryle died wile trying to save a customer in ten mile rapid on the upper a. if you knew him, Please leave a message, also feel free to remember any friends or family you have lost on the river.
Peace
JT

guide.jt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2010   #2
Old Timme'

Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
RememberDaryle

Daryle and his brother Eric played on my hockey team in Eagle Colorado. Wonderful even tempered person which can be challenging for many of us on the ice. He is missed but never forgot. A salute to #18...
Karl
Mad_Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010   #3

Edwards, Colorado
Daryle's wife Angie was teaching our kids at the time that went down. We think of both of them at this time of year. Best wishes to Angie and peace to all.
SBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2010   #4

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
A lot of good ones gone no doubt.
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #5

Redcliff, Colorado
Though I never knew Daryle on the river, I had the great pleasure to work with him at the Vail Ski School. He was a gifted skier and instructor as well as an inspirational trainer. His heroism comes as no suprise to those of us who knew him . He is missed.

Charlie
cebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #6

Monument, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by guide.jt View Post
its been 5 years since Daryle died wile trying to save a customer in ten mile rapid on the upper a. if you knew him, Please leave a message, also feel free to remember any friends or family you have lost on the river.
Peace
JT
Daryle is my oldest son. He loved the river...especially the Upper Animas when it ran fast and furious...and, to ski Prima at Vail. Five years ago, he and I were planning to raft the Upper together even though I had never been in anything more than Class III. Needless to say we didn't quite get to run that trip. We all miss him more than words can say. Bogie
Bogiejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #7

Daryle was a great guide and a ton of fun to work with. I learned a lot from him guiding together at M2W. He knew how to make everyone laugh and always made the river a lot more fun.

He was also a great leader with YL. All the kids loved to be around him and always looked up to him.

He is missed in every community he was a part of.
G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #8

Denver, Colorado
Was thinking of "five bellies" yesterday. Traveling in Philly for work, what better place to stuff myself full of sandwiches in his honor.
-d
Old 06-01-2010   #9

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Yeah, I worked with Daryle that summer. We ran a two day Upper A. together the week before he died. It was a great trip. I was a Safety Boater that trip. Daryle was a superior guide and really fun at camp and with the customers. The guides played a game on the beach entertaining the custies. That's how I remember him. I was supposed to be a safety boater on the Upper Trip we lost him. I was pulled to guide a Piedra trip. I think about that a lot. The thought that I should have been there haunts me still. Fate pulled me in another direction.

hullflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011   #10

spofford, New Hampshire
Paddling Since: 1996
Still think about Daryle all the time, absolutely one of the best people i have ever met. Hilarious, genuine top notch buddy you want with you in every situation.
I miss you.
corybob is offline   Reply With Quote