Do you know Forrest? - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-28-2011   #1

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Do you know Forrest?

Then you'll find some super funny comments here:

Stella Noble, 10-Year-Old Girl, Climbs Longs Peak Mountain

For the record, I think you're a killer dad. Congrads to Stella and you. Proud.

Joe

JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2011   #2

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Stella is an amazing climber. i had the pleasure of watching her at the nationals held in Boulder this spring. She seemed ahead of the rest of the girls her age by an order of magnitude.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #3

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Awesome! Looks like the radically sick gene has been passed to the next generation.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2011   #4

RN
Wow, awesome job!

The comments from that link are obnoxious, I can not believe how many people are claiming child endangerment or abuse. I guess all those commenters feel that kids should be kept in padded room with a TV and snack food until fat and lazy.

Congrats for being involved in your kids passion in life.
highspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #5

Those are some horrible comments. Welcome to America, where adults that can't do something a 10 year old does must save face by belittling the childs accomplishment by claiming that it's all thanks to the dad, or that her dad pulled her up the cliff on a rope, claiming that it's a crime for her parents to allow her to take that much risk, or that climbing up rocks is a worthless life skill. No wonder our country is falling apart, we are surrounded by horrible parents that don't know how to teach their children to be challenged, take risks, and thus most importantly succeed at great things rather than easy things.

Thankfully there is hope in individuals like Forrest who provide opportunities for people like Stella. And I'm pretty sure people like Stella are going to accomplish a lot in their life, because they know how good it feels to do amazing shit that few others can do.

Congrats Stella. Shame on those that can't see the beauty.
Old 09-29-2011   #6

She's also climbed the Naked Edge?! Thats a much bigger accomplishment than the Diamond. Damn
mbannister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #7
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutch View Post
Welcome to America, where adults that can't do something a 10 year old does must save face by belittling the childs accomplishment by claiming that it's all thanks to the dad, or that her dad pulled her up the cliff on a rope
Yeah Cutch I saw you towing your 10 year old daughter down the river last weekend on a rope. no way she could have kayaked it on her own. and I can't believe how much danger you put her in on those class II rapids. not to mention she had a sharp stick to roast marshmallows at camp. someone could have lost an eye!
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #8

BV, CO
Paddling Since: 96
Congrats Stella, and Forrest. Little in life is as awesome as sharing a passion with your child. Sounds like parenting at its best to me.
Phil U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #9
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
That is dangerous and appalling. I'm going to register my discontent on the internet.
Old 09-29-2011   #10

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
This is so awesome! My parents certainly did a lot of nice things for me, to expose me to varied experiences, but exposing me to the great outdoors wasn't one of them.

How awesome that you (Forest) are willing to let your daughter challenge herself and explore a sport she is clearly drawn toward....all the while being able to mitigate and assess the risks, as any good parent would do!!!