dirt moto trails - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-17-2010   #1

crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo
dirt moto trails

....anybody have a clue as to good rides near bv?....wanna bring my 2-wheelerto paddlefest and get some trail rides in....the mankier the better......mut? shizzle? redneck?.....

milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2010   #2

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
Ruby Mountain, 4 Mile, stuff off of Aspen Ridge, Timberline(if it's clear), Rainbow in Salida...The lower elevation stuff may be clear by then.
ckspaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010   #3

Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Rainbow is pretty sick Milo... Definitely a great ride, and then take it up towards Monarch pass... More good up thataway. Not to mention the Taylor res area is some of the best in the world. Dr Park, Star, and a lot more. Not exactly BV, but within an hour from there.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2010   #4
Mut

GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Milo,
The 4 mile (a couple miles upstream of the BV playpark) and Ruby Mountain (Browns put in) are fun and close to BV. It is mostly 2 track but has enough corners, water bars, sand, and single track to be fun. It is not really technical like some of Rabbit Valley. It is more like Grand Junction with trees, or Rifle (JQS). It is fast riding, 3/4the gear. The best thing is that you can ride from town if you have a plate or don't care. Paddle, ride, drink... sounds fun.

I have not found the super technical but I've heard it is there.

Next Sunday we might ride Delta and then go to Escalante. Please join.
Mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010   #5

The next zone, .
There is a ton of ridin right here around town. 4 mile and Ruby are your best choices here close to bv and there is some new single track at Ruby that is not too hard. Rainbow down in salida is not that far of a drive and is a good sinlge track ride as well.. There is camping at either spot where you can ride out of camp.

Bring the bike and make Ruby your first choice. I may be able to get some time to ride that weekend and would be happy to show you around.

All of 4 mile and ruby should be clear of snow by then. We went for a ride the other day and it will only be a couple of weeks until all the stuff on the East side of the Ark is good to go.
Old 04-18-2010   #6

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I'm with RDNEK on the 4-Mile/Ruby suggestion, especially if the point is to come over for Paddlefest.
Buy the National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map #129 and look for the Triad Ridge Loop. You won't be dissapointed.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010   #7

crested butte, Colorado
......moto trails....

....thanks you guys.....look forward to it...will have playboat and yz with me at
paddlefest....."vitamin b" sounds good....craw, alll the shit in taylor is a bit out time wise....hartmans opened in gunny and our play hole is kicking.....mut, delta and escalante sounds sweet...got your number....call me and remind me....4 months, 10 days, 6 hours, 35 mins, and somewherebetween 25 and 45 seconds ago i dislocated my ankle on my yz.....ready to stuff it into a kayak or moto boot.....redneck you got my digits?.....trodlozadik wishetrodski
Old 04-18-2010   #8

D'ango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Cool! Good question, thanks!

I knew there was riding over there, but had no idea it was so extensive, and throttle friendly at that. I'll bring the 450 over when I go thataway for camping & boating later this Spring. Will post to look for riding partners when I've got some sort of schedule. Brrraaap!
Bornwithatail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #9

The next zone, .
Milo pm me your phone # I need it.

I have been out ridin a few times in the past week and all the snow is gone on the E side of the Ark.

4 mile area is clear of snow and the single track as well as the other trails up in the Ruby Mtn area are in great shape.

If anyone is looking for directions you can unload in the OHV area past the Ruby Mtn campground just before the road goes up the 1st big hill..

Also make sure you have your 2010 tag if you come to ride around here as there are rangers out just about every weekend..
Old 05-04-2010   #10

crested butte, Colorado
........2wheelin'.....

....just did rdneck(didn't fuck him, just pm'd him!!!!).....oh yea, kayaking is fun....which is the best drink for running skull with a river runner or which stove is best for when you run the best line on skull in a playboat(which playboat is best?)and want to cook a grilled cheese sandwich afterwards and lastly.....can dogs run skull too?.....seeing how this is a whitewater forum i should ask some whitewater related questions......CAPTAINMUTHAFUKINBLACK420CB