Dick Cheney and Monty Burns(from the Simpsons) - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 10-06-2004   #1

Systems & Process Design, Colorado
Dick Cheney and Monty Burns(from the Simpsons)

After watching the vice presidential debate last night I was thinking that Dick Cheney is a lot like a fat Monty Burns from the Simpson's.

After reading the Monty Burns bio on the Simpson's web site I am convinced that the Monty Burns character was inspired by Dick Cheney.

Anyone else see the similarities?

http://thesimpsons.com/bios/bios_townspeople_burns.htm

Advertisement

Old 10-06-2004   #2

The character of Burns was originally modeled after Fox Broadcasting Company executive Barry Diller, Howard Hughes, William Randolph Hearst, Scrooge McDuck, Fred Olsen, and others.

Not to say Dick Cheney wasn't one of than many others but he didn't resemble Burns when the character was introduced in 1989 he grew into the role with age. Maybe Cheney as modeled his self after Burns.
Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004   #3

student/ kayaker
Send a message via AIM to goatboater
That's funny because upon further reading on the website I found that Bush is actually quite similar to Barney Gumble:

"Barney Gumble could've been somebody. A prodigious student with his sights set on Harvard, he could've been a contender instead of a bum, which is what he is... Oh, and he drank beer. Lots of beer."

Ben