Denver confluence is flowing--400 cfs - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-07-2004   #1

Denver confluence is flowing--400 cfs

Denver confluence is holding steady at 400 cfs. They must be releasing water out of Chatfield. Reasonable play.

Check the flow at http://www.dwr.state.co.us/Hydrology...&MTYPE=DISCHRG

Union chutes is also up at 370 cfs. I haven't checked how good the waves are. Anyone seen it?

cstork is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2004   #2

Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
Gross. . .
Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004   #3

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I think that's called "Urban Runoff"
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2004   #4

C.O.
Re: Denver confluence is flowing--400 cfs

That's not releases. That's run-off from the highways and streets. Half of it is water, the other half of it is grease, oil, pesticides, salt and that magnesium stuff they spray on th roads, animal and human waste. Happy surfing. If the lines seems short considering the number boaters that live in the Denver area, there may be a reason. Is this the first big flush of the Spring? That water ought to be mega yucky.
"So in two seconds, away we went, a sliding down the river, and it did seem so good to be free again and all by ourselves on the big river and nobody to bother us." -Mark Twain (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn)
Ed Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004   #5

Bum
Send a message via MSN to Jiberish
http://gobacktothefrontrange.com/

haha, its nice out here on the westside~!
Ben
Jiberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004   #6
dvc

Confluence is lumpy but nice!

Okay, so I am a disgusting river rat. I paddled Confluence a/k/a "Effluence" last night and had a fun time with the rain hammering down and various unidentifiable masses floating by. Actually, the run is good except the bottom drop isn't doing much, maybe it's full of sand. Come on in, the water's fine.
dvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004   #7

Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Be proud all ya like, but too bad western slope playboating sucks and has a shorter season!

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004   #8

Hahaha. I lost 12 pounds after paddling in the 1st big runoff about a month ago. I got so sick I was spitting up brown phlegm for about 2 weeks. This current runoff looks much much cleaner. HAPPY BOATING!
Mysterious_Jho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004   #9

Bum
Send a message via MSN to Jiberish
Shorter season, Ive been boating on 700 cfs (You know, deep enough to throw ends) since february......Oh, and we only have logs and occasionaly a dead animal pass by us in the eddy lines....

www.gobacktothefrontrange.com

Haha WEST side
Ben
Jiberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004   #10

I lost about 15 lbs last year after boating in Confluence. Hey, it was worth it. I was glad to loose the weight!

It was such an effective way to loose weight that I think we should bottle the water and sell it! Directions: drink the water, after you have lost the weight you desire, see your doctor and get a prescription for a strong antibiotic.

I would feel better if I knew what bacterial life is competing with us for that water.
cstork is offline   Reply With Quote