Denver boating - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-25-2010   #1

Liberty Lake, Washington
Paddling Since: 2005
Denver boating

I will be in the Denver area October 30th through November 3rd. Looking for a group to go kayaking with. I will need to rent equipment, so need time to make arangements. I kayak class II/ III. please advise ASAP

kstallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2010   #2

Sorry to disappoint, but there's not much in the way paddling right now. You'd be better off renting some boards and riding the white line of death.
dlcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #3

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2009
Water is pretty much gone. Left with chasing releases. Next years water is being dropped on us at the moment. You'd have better luck renting something you can slide on.
LineDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2010   #4

Boulder, Colorado
Waterton is still in. Its at 372 right now:

Kayaking Information

I'm not too sure how low people run that but this level is still good to go, you'll want to check the gauge though.

If you are willing to drive, you can always run Shoshone. Its in the Glenwood Springs area. Its super short so the advantage is that you can lap it a bunch of times...the disadvantage is that it is super short and you HAVE to lap it a bunch of times, to make it worth your while...Also, that region has been gettin hammered with snow, so the drive might suck over the pass...depends how badly you need to get wet.
Old 10-26-2010   #5

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1988
You can still paddle Confluence - Downtown

You can still paddle downtown, but it is Low. Real low, but not too low
was out there on saturday at 130cfs....
Still lots of ends to be had in the eddy lines.
We can rent you gear within short walking distance.
WE can also rent you a bike, which might be better...

call Confluence Kayaks for more info 303-433-3676
Juan De Confluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #6

Cheyenne, Wyoming
The guy is coming here for some vacation time it looks like. Not to be upside down/swimming in Waterton taking a beating off the rocks. Or at confluence catching some bacterial infection. Never mind smelling like shat the whole time he's gonna be here.

As a class II or III boater I would think he is looking for some thing more along the lines of Filter or Deckers. Good fun w/ low consequences.

I don't mean to be a prick. I'm sure he doesn't want to get hurt or sick while on vacation.
LineDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #7
GoBro

BZN, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by LineDawg View Post
The guy is coming here for some vacation time it looks like. Not to be upside down/swimming in Waterton taking a beating off the rocks. Or at confluence catching some bacterial infection. Never mind smelling like shat the whole time he's gonna be here.

As a class II or III boater I would think he is looking for some thing more along the lines of Filter or Deckers. Good fun w/ low consequences.

I don't mean to be a prick. I'm sure he doesn't want to get hurt or sick while on vacation.
This.

Or just do one of the many other fun things Denver and CO have to offer that doesn't involve freezing and spending a healthy piece of money for marginal boating.
glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #8
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Another vote for wrong time of year. You'll be much better just enjoying something else - hike, bike, etc.
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #9

Detroit, Michigan
Screw that noise!...You wants some...gets some..If I was in town that weekend I'd help retrieve your boat if needed. Waterton is fun..Sho-Sho is fun...Skiing before Thanksgiving is like going to the mall during the holidays!

If you want good indoor fun...Check out the Red Wings games at Gov's!

Cheers,
Marc

Anyone got plans for O-hole thur or fri?

And Call Golden River Sports...They helped me out generously in the off season as far as warm gear
Old 10-26-2010   #10

Boulder, Colorado
Quote:
if you don't want to be a prick try harder not to sound like one.

kstallman - have fun whatever you do - read about waterton first, the shuttle is YOU hucking your boat (on an access road) for almost a mile...its not that enjoyable, but the run is pretty fun. I bet you could find a crew to do it with - try posting on the trip planner section, you may have more luck