Demshitz save tugboat crew after boat flips at skook - Mountain Buzz
 

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-21-2009   #1
Fred Gnarquist
 
fred norquist's Avatar
 
carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 403
Demshitz save tugboat crew after boat flips at skook

Tug Boat Flip*Video

Team demshitz save some tugboaters at skookumchuck narrows.

fred norquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-21-2009   #2
 
denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 68
What caused the tug to flip? Did it stop moving and the tow line from the barge as it passed the tug pulled it over?
kerry edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #3
 
freexbiker's Avatar
 
B.F.E., Wyoming
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 907
that is rad. Nicely done dave.
freexbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-21-2009   #4
 
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 42
bad piloting, in my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry edwards View Post
What caused the tug to flip? Did it stop moving and the tow line from the barge as it passed the tug pulled it over?
I think the barge was moving quickly toward shore, the current appeared to be pulling the barge to the outside bank, and the tug driver tried to correct by pulling him back to the center, but the force pulled the tug over and once the water passed over the gunwhales...she was DONE.

how lucky to get that on video! you can sell that to discovery channel 'weird true and freaky' or other similar show.

good work team Demshitz!
Yakinsmaaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #5
 
freexbiker's Avatar
 
B.F.E., Wyoming
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakinsmaaker View Post
I think the barge was moving quickly toward shore, the current appeared to be pulling the barge to the outside bank, and the tug driver tried to correct by pulling him back to the center, but the force pulled the tug over and once the water passed over the gunwhales...she was DONE.

how lucky to get that on video! you can sell that to discovery channel 'weird true and freaky' or other similar show.

good work team Demshitz!
I love the fact that as the movie is still rolling they talk about where they can sell it to.
freexbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #6
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 393
Dear Demshitz -

Saving these tugboaters puts you one step closer to forgiveness after the Pandoras incident. You're officially at step 1. You've still got a ways to go.

TT
doublet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #7
CGM
 
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublet View Post
Dear Demshitz -

Saving these tugboaters puts you one step closer to forgiveness after the Pandoras incident. You're officially at step 1. You've still got a ways to go.

TT
Ha! Agreed. If that's step 1, step 2 can be getting Falls Creek opened back up, and step 3 will be Pandora's.
__________________
Chris Morrison
CGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #8
Fred Gnarquist
 
fred norquist's Avatar
 
carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 403
1.Yo do any of you know demshitz? 2.Yes they got caught hiking into pandora's this could have happened to anyone.... you hike right by the asshole's cabin, he just happened to be there. 3. They run the shit so lay off, there should be some damn river access there. 4. Go run the shit.
fred norquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #9
 
Dekalb, Texas
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 56
fuck yall just made about 400 or 500 hundred off of break...or whatever it is there days... i voted to homepage... i check that site out everyday... good shit guys
BooF4FooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #10
 
yourrealdad's Avatar
 
185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooF4FooD View Post
fuck yall just made about 400 or 500 hundred off of break...or whatever it is there days... i voted to homepage... i check that site out everyday... good shit guys

Is this English?
__________________
970-217-21 six six
Kevin
http://liquiddescents.blogspot.com/
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DEMSHITZ MADE demshitz Whitewater Kayaking 1 07-04-2009 04:49 PM
Demshitz or Hotel Charlie V Yamahamod Whitewater Kayaking 8 05-27-2009 11:27 AM
Demshitz Movie Teaser Pleaser 2 fred norquist Whitewater Kayaking 0 04-09-2009 01:01 PM
News Flash - Canoe flips in NJ! rivermanryan Whitewater Kayaking 3 08-07-2008 10:48 AM
How to roll a tugboat--a real tugboat cstork Whitewater Kayaking 0 02-28-2005 01:03 AM

» Classified Ads
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.