Day in court after Lower Dolores crackdown. - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-17-2007   #1

Telluride, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Day in court after Lower Dolores crackdown.

Hello all
Thought some of you might like to know that at least 5 of us were in court today from all of the lower d madness a couple of months ago. Some got off with nothing thankfully. Some got penalties much stiffer then would have come from a county or Colorado state court. The thing that disturbed me was that the officers involved and the prosecutor had everything that I had posted on mountainbuzz. Just a warning that if this situation arrises again to keep quiet. I don't regret anything I wrote it just suprised the shit out of me when they called me out as mountainfish. I guess it was not hard to put it together and I am pretty sure I got stiffer penalties b/c of what I wrote on this forum. Just a heads up. If anyone wants details I will talk off the forum. Watch out for the man

mountainfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2007   #2

e-town, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
I got quoted in the local newspaper from the buzz for something I wish was not publisized in that regard. we are on a public forum and it sucks that someone like 'the man' could use it in such a way... down with the man!
liquidchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #3

telluride, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
what rights

so much for our so-called freedom of speech, that is our federal goverment at work. Anything you say on mountainbuzz will be used in a court of law? What about the random fines? Seems like the pulled them all out of a hat.: What happened to the set standards that all other juridictions use? Just a question?

:
mitgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2007   #4
I'm right 50% of the time

RFV, CO
Paddling Since: 1977
That sucks. F&^K the man.
How did they finger you as Mtn>Fish? Did the court subpoena Mtn.Buzz records? It is a public forum, but I would think that if the courts wanted records of names and IP addresses, the admins on this site would not just hand them out. I hope that you did not get ratted out. PM me or e-mail.
Old 07-18-2007   #5

Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitgreer View Post
so much for our so-called freedom of speech, that is our federal goverment at work. Anything you say on mountainbuzz will be used in a court of law?
Please tell me you were drunk and high when you wrote this...

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007   #6
KDT

Telluride, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1492
Send a message via AIM to acetomato
Gotta say, I agree with Caspian on that one.

In the words of Dean Wormer: "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son".
acetomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007   #7

I don't believe any of the Admins had a hand in this.

COUNT
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007   #8

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
That is a bummer, but it is a public forum, and you had "the right to remain silent", correct? They could have even subpoena'd a friend if they heard that you had talked to them and possibly incriminated yourself.

It is pretty creepy that they knew you were Mtnfish, they are lurking!
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007   #9
sj

Link to the original thread?
sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007   #10
sj

Duh sorry I haven't been playing here for awhile. sj
sj is offline   Reply With Quote