Name:	david.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	751.5 KB
ID:	3600Click image for larger version

Name:	davedungball.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	854.9 KB
ID:	3601

love you Schmitt you will always be missed my friend. I prey you paddle only the highest quality water from here on out! I know you got er. love you bro!!!!!!!!!!

mike

please keep Davids Family and friends in your thoughts and prayers through this difficult time. David Schmitt was an inspiration to anyone he met. he was a rolemodel for many kids. He was the nicest human being i have ever met. David will be missed deeply if anybody has questions about the upcoming events ill try to keep those of you who would like to pay their respects to David and the family updated. i would like to keep this post going with positive memories most of us hopefully had the chance to share with him.

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2011   #2

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
David and I shared many moments. Funny thing the two of us were all each other needed.. as long as schmitt was their a third to our crew was unnecessary. One of my fondests memories was completing boxelder run, hike and a jog shuttle in 1 hour and 30 minutes. It could also be our first exploratory paddle down deer creek.. most of them are of schmitt and I just chilling at the river together..he def felt like a little brother to me. Schmitt stepped it up this spring by running metlako and even scored a successful d of loaf. I know he will be at every put in with me ready to run the schmitt.
Old 05-08-2011   #3

Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2002
A great man

David was one of the most passionate, humble and enthusiastic paddlers that I have ever had the honor of boating with. Dave was so energetic that any conversation with him that turned to kayaking would pretty much leave you both shaking with excitement, ready to go to any lengths to find something to paddle. David was a great man and boater. He will be greatly missed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040140_2.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	3602  
overunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2011   #4

Near water (hopefully), Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Not only was David one of the best kayakers I have been lucky enough to paddle with, but he was also one of the nicest people I have met. When I first met him he had just been skunked on bluegrass, but he still had a huge smile on his face. He was happy to be outside in a beautiful area with his friends.

On the hike out of boxelder I dropped my boat, and didn't have the energy to hike it up. Without a second thought David runs down, picks it up, and powers up the canyon. It was one of the most generous and impressive actions I have seen. I wish I could have paddled with you more Schmitt, we'll miss you.
smauk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011   #5
GoBro

BZN, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
Schmitt absolutely beasted the hike out of Boxelder carrying easily 2-3 times what he should have in terms of boats and gear. He didn't have something to prove or a chip on his shoulder. He was just making the best move for the group. Definitely sad I didn't have more time with him.

Rest in peace Dave.

glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011   #6

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
My Deepest Respect to him and to all that knew him. RIP.
raymo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011   #7

Casper, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2006
David was a Awesome guy, for all the years that I knew David he was the nicest guy to everyone, And he always had a huge smile not matter what happened. The best memories I have of David are the times we paddled together. He was like a big brother to me and showed me everything there is about kayaking,and also showed me how to do new tricks all the time. I know he will be with me at the put in every time and Love you Schmitty!!!!!!!
JBaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011   #8

B.F.E., Wyoming
Well miss ya my brother. Thanks for teaching me what I know.
freexbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011   #9

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Schmitt we're I'm comin up there to pay respect the way you would want us to this week.. I love ya man and I wouldn't be where I am now with out your friendship.
ChasetheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011   #10

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Chase if you need place to stay my parents are going be putting up some boaters. We are going to run the schmitt this week in his honor ill give you a call Chase.