Damon's most excellent adventure - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-11-2008   #1

Magdalena, New Mexico
Paddling Since: N/A
Damon's most excellent adventure

Thought I would just let you all know that Derek, Annie, Krystal and I went to Peru in October and November to hookup with all of "Damon" friends. Long over due - took me this long to get the courage up to due it.

Great trip and what wonderful people. I can see why his heart was there - good time had by all. Everyone (but me) brought kayaks- so we did run the rivers.

There was a huge party on October 10 - we made it. Wow - can't even begin to describe it - your crying one moment and the next - your laughing so hard you can't stand up. People from all over the country - who knew Damon - coming up to tell some remarkable story about our guy - amazing.

For all of you who have not been to Peru - please - go! You will never forget it. Plus - we have so much beta, connections - it will simplify everything for you.

All for now - and if I can help with your travels in any way - please let me know.

Happy holidays -

pops miller

kmiller229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2008   #2

Denver, Colorado
what rivers did you do? went there last year and was incredible stoked. such fun boating. include some fotos of the trip if you can, i miss it down there...jonesing
bwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #3

Magdalena, New Mexico
THe kids ran the Cotahuasi, Colca, Urabumbe and even did a partial first descent of the river flowining into Santa Teresa. To this day - Damon is still the only one who has soloed the Colca.

Glad that you enjoyed it down there - quite cool!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2008   #4

Peru is unreal. Sounds like you had fun.
aevanlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #5

Leadvillian, Colorado
glad you enjoyed your trip

My girlfriend and I were in Peru at the same time you were. Unfortunately we missed the party due to a stomach bug. We spent a lot of time with Piero, Diego, and Santiago and know they considered Damon a brother. We were hoping to get a chance to meet up with your group for a river trip but unfortunately time wouldn't allow.

Peru is certainly a very special country and Damon's friends are a great group of people. I don't think you could ask for any better for a son. Congratulations for raising a very special man!
Matt J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #6

Magdalena, New Mexico
Hola amigo - sorry we missed you. Hope you had a good trip as well. Met a lot of people who knew Damon - even in some of the remotest areas.

The party was great bacuse there was a concentration of a lot of Damons friends - that allowed us to thank and embrace each and everyone of them.

Thank you for the kind words and thoughts - he was a gift to us all. As parents we hold our childrens hands for a while - but their hearts forever!

Ciao - pops miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt J View Post
My girlfriend and I were in Peru at the same time you were. Unfortunately we missed the party due to a stomach bug. We spent a lot of time with Piero, Diego, and Santiago and know they considered Damon a brother. We were hoping to get a chance to meet up with your group for a river trip but unfortunately time wouldn't allow.

Peru is certainly a very special country and Damon's friends are a great group of people. I don't think you could ask for any better for a son. Congratulations for raising a very special man!