Dagger Safety Initiative/ Free Class - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-21-2006   #1

KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Dagger Safety Initiative/ Free Class

Here it is. As promised a few weeks ago Dagger kayaks will be offering a free one day class on the basics of river safety. Although a paddler could never learn in one day all there is to know about whitewater safety, this class is designed to help educate paddlers to the basics. With instructor Mike Mather this one day event will be educational, fun, and FREE!! I will man the grill at lunch time for free food as well. Class is limited to the first 20 people to email me at [email protected] and reserve a spot. Time, date, location is 8:30am in Vail, Colorado on Saturday the 26th (next Sat.) This will be the kick off event to Dagger's partnership with AW as their official safety ambassadors. The primary goal of D.S.I and A.W is to try and educate river users on safety. It will be a long process but we will start with the classes.
I did this class once before and it filled in in 30 minutes so please be sure you can attend. Only one reservation per person that emails me (no "myself and three others" kind of deal" Just you. If you have a friend that would like to come, please contact them quickly and tell them to get their email into me.
Look forward to seeing you soon.

hobie
Dagger Kayaks

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2006   #2

So far 7 people have signed up. 13 spots left as of 10:30am
Old 08-21-2006   #3

All 20 spots are full. Here are the names.

1. Shawn Veccholl
2. Steve Sanborn
3. Jack Crockett
4. Bill Crockett
5. Andrew Fox
6. Matt Reynolds
7. Marjo Curgus
8. McKennzie Reins
9. Aaaron Reins
10. Kaleb Timberlake
11. Abbt Huebel
12. Trent Copanas
13. Karen Kaminski
14. John Boysen
15. Benjamin Petri
16. Jennifer McAtamney
17. Matt Lee
18. Steph
19. Julie Albrecht
20. Sarah Hamilton

Look forward to seeing you all Sat.! I will email you with the details.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2006   #4

To those that signed up I sent you this by e mail but in case you look here:

Well, tomorrow is the big day and Mike and I finished up the details. The class will be in Vail at the Donovan Park at am sharp. Please try to be there by 8:45 am so we can get started right at 9am.To get there get off at the MAIN Vail exit and make your way to the south frontage road. Once on south frontage head west for about 1.5 miles and Donovan Park will be on your left hand side. Pull in and park and you will see us there.
As for gear make sure to bring nice warm cloths as the weather will be cool and a bit wet in the afternoon. Also, bring a chair. MUCH of the class will be dry land with Z drag scenarios etc and a good bit of "classroom" time. After lunch we will be on water. As for the water, it is very low but still good to do some drags, rope work and river crossing. it is only about 50 cfs but will work fine for what we need. Above all, bring a throw bag, helmet, PFD, proper river shoes. No need for boats. We will not swim but will be on and near the low volume Gore creek in the afternoon doing drills.
If you need me for anything call 970.390.6860 and I will answer questions. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Thanks and Happy Paddling,
Ken Hoeve
Dagger Kayaks Field Marketing Manager