Dagger Agent 6.4 vs. Jackson Super Star - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-30-2008   #1

Dagger Agent 6.4 vs. Jackson Super Star

Hey all, I am debating between the Agent and the Superstar this season and need some input. I playboat at a pretty decent level, surfing, loops, downriver maneuvers and I plan to use this boat for most everything except the few fives and sparse creekboating that I will run this season. Is the agent easier to intitiate wheels and loops? Which hull is faster? Any constructive input is appreciated.

I am a 5'11, 181 lb.

BozonePaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2008   #2

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
you would fit great into the agent it has the fastest hull of any playboat on the market and it goes huge. easily can be run down your favorite class 4 runs and loves the 5 a bunch. the backband is the only thing i don't like about the boat. wish it had the liquidlogic back band.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #3

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
if you like oil canning, go with the agent! If you like comfort and performance as well as being backed by the company with the best customer service, get the jackson.
jballen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2008   #4

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
store it inside or under shade and don't hit everyrock in the river you won't have a problem if you plan on hitting rocks go with the dagger. oilcanning has the slighest effect on preformance while you are surfing do to the pressure placed on the planning hull. and it means your boat will not break as easy......
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #5

Fort Collins, Colorado
yeeaaa... or ya could just get the superstar because it has been getting rave reviews from boaters far and wide. There's a reason these boats are being bought by alot of people. pssst it's cause they're easy to play around in and learn on!
Old 04-30-2008   #6

Fort Collins, Colorado
oh yea... and a little food for thought

Dagger Agent 6.4 versus Jackson Kayak SuperStar 2007
Old 04-30-2008   #7

KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Demo

Your best bet is to decide for yourself. Demo both of them and decide what works best for you. Plenty of paddlers love the Agent, many love thier Super Star. Both great boats. If you have any specific questions or want to demo an Agent, drop me a note and you can grab one from me for a couple of days. I live in Gypsum and the Colorado is really fun right now. I'm sure if Craw is reading this he has demos as well for the SS. Good luck with whatever you decide. It is going to be a fun season to be playing the river.

hobie
Dagger Kayaks
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #8

I demoed both boats at the CKS river weekend last year. Iím just another retail buyer of kayaks my last one a ZG. I thought the Agent was much more squirrelly then the Super Star or my ZG in the BV hole. The agent handled like a very narrow edgy boat and was hard to keep upright . The SS on the other hand provided a very stable platform to launch tricks much more stable then my ZG. Down river there was no comparison the ZG and SS held a line better and were far more stable then the Agent. As far as hull speed goes thatís just a joke when talking about these small boats. I have nothing against Dagger I always liked the King Pin
David H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #9

Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
I bought an Agent 6.2 for two reasons. Fist, I didn't like the fact that Jackson left Wavesport and immediately had a boat designed and ready to market under his name. Secondly, I wanted a fast boat that I could play the river more than just play a hole.

If you're playing a hole 24/7 then go with a Jackson. But lets be honest, does it really make that much of a difference if you're in a ZG, Agent, Ronin, Space Cadet, Kingpin, etc?

No, it doesn't.

Scott
GAtoCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #10
KDT

Telluride, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1492
Send a message via AIM to acetomato
Would it have been ok if EJ sat on his ass for a few years watchin' TV, eatin' cheezy-poofs and then came out with a boat? Just curious.
acetomato is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
agent