Custom Firepan Bag - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-04-2013   #1

Lardo, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1998
Custom Firepan Bag

Thought I would post this picture of my firepan bag I had custom made from Buck bags in Boise. They used heavy duty facbric pvc and added 4 small d rings, they also put a large padded handle on the bag which makes it so nice to carry that heavy thing. This bag makes dealing with the firepan easy and loading and securing it is a breeze. They did such a good job I have had them make a custom bag for my blaster and a small BBQ that I take from time to time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	5586  

Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013   #2

SLC, Utah
That looks sweet! I like the sound of the padded handle. The d rings would be really nice as well, easy to strap that thing down good as to not have it come loose. Bucks bags does great work, i remember a belt that is a six pack coozy thing, that would be perfect for hiking.
screamingeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #3
BCJ

Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
That's a great looking bag. I have to make a pitch too, for Tuff River Stuff's Firepan Wrap. Heavy canvas, folds together, no zipper necessary (they always fail in the sand eventually -- Ray eliminated that problem) and looks very much like this Buck's bag. Check it out.
BCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013   #4

Bisters, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2002
I'll plug my hommie Jason Hughes at Wet Dreams in Flagstaff. He can sew damn near anything you can think of for your river rig. He is also a fan of re-purposing/ reusing materials so bring him some material you have laying around and he'll turn it into a umbrella sheath or whatnot. He also has all the fancy mesh for rig bags, drop bags, etc. If you're in Flagstaff stop by his shop on S. Phoenix St. Easily the best river supply store in AZ. He also has a stash of made in USA Extra Tuffs (no longer American Made) ditch boots...
jmacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #5

Red lodge, Montana
Paddling Since: 1987
Kind of a side question here... I have a few old fire shelters from back in the day, and was wondering if a guy could re purpose one as a fire blanket. Any thoughts ??
ootek34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #6

Skink, Utah
Paddling Since: 1979
It's easy to make a fireblanket out of an old-generation fire shelter. It'll take a heavy-duty machine to punch through the material though. Been using them for years.

Lay it out, folded in half lengthwise, cut a rectangular shape, as large as possible, though both pieces of material, and stitch up the three free sides (fourth side is folded).

Currently accepted on USFS and BLM-administered rivers, but not acceptable on NPS rivers.
Nugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #7
DailyBoater

Wheredat, USA
6 Feet, what did it cost?
johnryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #8

NorCal, California
Paddling Since: 91
This bag not only looks like Rays bag I think it's a direct copy. Btw I have Rays firepan bag and love it...I dont think I'll be wearing it out anytime soon as it is extremely well made more of a wrap without a zipper and bomber.
I would just stick with the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJ View Post
That's a great looking bag. I have to make a pitch too, for Tuff River Stuff's Firepan Wrap. Heavy canvas, folds together, no zipper necessary (they always fail in the sand eventually -- Ray eliminated that problem) and looks very much like this Buck's bag. Check it out.
Wavester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bag