Mountain Buzz banner

Custom airbrushed helmet

8K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  hapypadler 
#1 ·
My friend here in C-Springs does his own airbrushing, and is pretty much self taught. I had him airbrush my helmet with a design that I came up with, kinda representing my service in the Army. Alpha Company Black Hearts, 2/504 Parachute Infantry Regiment ("Strike Hold"= Unit Crest), 82d Airborne Division.

Just thought I'd share some pics of it with all of ya here on the buzz. A little something for the "off-season." Enjoy! These pics don't do his work justice, I had to use artificial light and a flash to capture the details. The sun was setting...so...here's what I got.

If you all like the work, and would like to get yours done too, let me know, I'll get his info for ya!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I'll bring it to the pool session tomorrow so that you guys can see it up close! The flames really "pop" when the sun hits it! He used 4 coats of clear-coat, and he used the best he could get, pretty much the same clearcoat they use on cars and vehicles.

#6 ·
He only charged me $60. That didn't even cover the cost of his materials that he had to order. Took him about 2 weeks to finish it, mostly b/c he's doing it out of his garage and needed good weather for parts of it. He does not have a heater in his garage to do it in the cold.

#9 ·
Hapypadler, that is hilarious! Where'd you find that one at?

Patrick, for sure man! I'm not gonna wear it in the pool. I'm going on a Westwater trip this comming weekend, it has a lot of water, so I don't think rocks will be much of an issue there...unless I somehow manage to scrape along the canyon walls! HAHA!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.