Mountain Buzz banner

Crystal River Races May 14th - 16th

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  peterB 
#1 ·
Friday may 14th 4:00 Downriver on Cemetery on the Roaring Fork – registration and start will be at the Mountain View Baptist Church in south Glenwood Springs next to Buffalo Valley.
6:00 BBQ at Veltus Park Glenwood this is the take out and I will have burgers and Hot dogs waiting when we get there.
6:00 - 12:00 LVM video Premiere in Buffalo Valley to raise funds for the Glenwood Whitewater Park. $10

Saturday May 15th 9:30 Slalom Race, Crystal River Bridge at CRMS in Carbondale.

Sunday May 16th 10:00 Freestyle on the Crystal at the Log hole. We will shuttle people up there starting at 9:00 and should be finished by 12:00.

Entry fees will be $15 for a single event and $25 for two or more events. It is ACA sanctioned so event membership will be available for an additional $5. Proceeds are split between CRMS kayak program and the Carbondale Gateway Park.

For more info call 970 704 9710 or email at misty@rof.net

Thanks Peter Benedict[/b]

See less See more
#3 ·
Just ran the Narrows down to the Log Hole and things are looking prime. The log hole is cartwheel central a little shallow for Loops and such but goes both ways, splits, blasts, and all kind of freaky mobius stuff in the back wash. If you put in at the White River National forest sign, It is the first real feature you come to about a 1/4 mile down. It is on river left and has a heavily erroded bank behind it. Bring a rope to serve as eddy Service. Actually I will place one today and leave it there through the weekend.

Peter

PS Make sure and go to the LVM party Friday at the Buffalo Valley. Enter the Crystal races and I will pay half of your entry to the video premiere.

#6 ·
What was I thinking? I use one in that spot every time I go there and am particular in how I use it. My apologies for my thoughtlessness, thanks for the reminder.

But it is out and it would be great to see everyone here.

Peter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.