Creeking clinics held @ Lyons Outdoor games from Ben Stookesberry and Chris Korbulic! - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-02-2011   #1

Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Creeking clinics held @ Lyons Outdoor games from Ben Stookesberry and Chris Korbulic!

The Lyons Outdoor Games is very proud to announce that Ben Stookesberry and Chris Korbulic are going to be offering creeking clinics for anyone that is looking to step up their game in the creeking side of things. Ben and Chris don't typically need an introduction, but in case you aren't familiar, just type their names into google for a quick idea of the caliber of paddler we are talking about here. Ben has been named Adventurer of the year from National Geographic and Chris and he have 1st D'd some of the tallest waterfalls to the biggest volume steep creeks in the world...

These clinics will be next Thursday, June 9th and based on how many sign up, we may be able to perform 4 clinics (2 with Ben 2 with Chris)...

Creeking requires skills and strategy... Ben and Chris are two of the best creek boaters out there today and have a TON of experience to pass on to those that are looking to take the steps into class IV and V creeking.
This will not be a swift water rescue type course. This clinic is focused on developing paddling skills and techniques that will make your next creek runs more fun, more in control, and provide you feedback that is geared to making each stroke count.
We are going to offer two levels of clinics. I expect to have 4 people per group. This will be a first come first serve, so if you are thinking about it, please call me asap. Last year, these sold out immediately and is the reason I am bumping this to 4 clinics this year. At this time, I am scheduling noon and 4pm clinic start times on Thursday the 9th. The locations will be dependent on flows, but expecting our class V to be on SSV and the class IV creeking to be on Proving Grounds of the lower NSV. These runs are quintessential for developing the skills to read rapids, pick lines in stacked rapids, dial in your boofs and most of all to develop core skills to be safe and have a ball at one of the most exciting aspects of kayaking.
Please email marty at jackson kayak dot com or call me at 303,517,2621...

Thanks!

Marty

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2011   #2

Golden, Colorado
Hey thanks for organizing this again Marty. I missed it last year but hear it was great. Great chance to get some pointers from some of the best boaters in the world, and not just on some class III stetch but on SSV no less. God knows my game needs a brush-up.
blutzski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011   #3

Bumpity bump...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2011   #4

Alrighty folks... We have a full house on all but one of the Class V clinics... If there is a crew of 4 that wants a first hand class V creeking clinic from Ben Stookesberry, this is the time to speak up. I would prefer that it be a full 4 people, but 3 would be sufficient as well.

Call me on my cell at three o three 5172621
Old 06-08-2011   #5

Louisville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Can't wait! You can never learn too much.
Old 06-08-2011   #6

the fort, Colorado
these cost money??
prozoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011   #7

Boulder, Colorado
Marty, are these on saturday? I'm guessing this is an intro class so I could help with safety if needed.
-Tom
tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011   #8

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Tom, these are tomorrow afternoon.
Old 06-08-2011   #9

Boulder, Colorado
thanks for the update, can't make it got clinicals for mursing school all day. have fun up there
tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011   #10

Louisville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Best deal you'll ever get, 60 bones!

Tags
lyons creek clinic