Creek/Freestyle clinics at the Lyons Games - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-05-2010   #1

Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Creek/Freestyle clinics at the Lyons Games

Well, the Lyons Games are next weekend. There is a great bit of buzz around the creek race, but for those that are looking for the best instruction you could possibly ask for, its all right there.

Freestyle Clinics!
We will have Freestyle instruction from the Mens and Womans current World Champions Emily Jackson and Nick Troutman, as well as the super high fly'n Stephen Wright, maybe even EJ as well. There are two high end instruction classes of which one is for intermediates, and one for an advanced skill development.
Woman's Clinics!
Ruth Gordon, last years World Champ, will be providing womans specific paddling clinics for beginner and this too has gotten super high reviews as the best instruction you can find. If you are looking to learn with other women... this is it!
Creeking Clinics!
There will also be a Creeking Clinic offered by none other than Clay Wright. Clay is the best Creek instructor I can think of and has tremendous skill development to pass on to those that are just getting into the steep creek game and want to understand advanced boof moves, stroke timing, how to best read lines, and an all around gigantic confidence boost to how to best creek boat...

These are unique clinics taught by the best in our sport. I would ask that anyone that has taken these clinics at past LOG's please post your experiences for others to know how fantastic these are. This is not your typical clinic.

Please contact me at marty at jackson kayak dot com. Or feel free to sign up via the LOG website.

There are also more basics clinics as well. For those looking to get playboating basics and also intro to river running, the Lyons Outdoor Games has skills development for all this year.

Please feel free to contact me at any time, but with these flows I will be on the river all day today!!!

Fire it up!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2010   #2

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Hey Marty,
What are the details with the Creeking Clinic tomorrow?
Beth
Old 06-09-2010   #3

Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Beth and anyone that has contacted me about the LOG creek games... Very sorry to announce that due to rather high flows the town of lyons has requested to cancel all clinics. I am sad to have to say this, but honestly I am not sure where we would have had the clinics. Things are very high at the moment...
These have always been a highlight of the LOG. Combining the best in the world kayakers with those looking to better their skills..... Bummer.

That said, I surely hope you can come to the games to check out what is up. This high water is going to make for an amazing games. The creek race looks to be the best its ever been, the freestyle comp is looking to offer huge aerials and mix in some awesome nightlife party action and you have yourself a darn good party!!!

Marty...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote