cracked 420 - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-02-2007   #1

cracked 420

Their is a bizzarre crack expanding (1/2 inch currently) directly behind my cockpit of my 420, in the corner of the depression of the plastic trough that holds the rear pillar in. The crack goes all the way through(now). Any thoughts on repair? The boat was bought from CKS after one season of demo, so warranty probably isn't an option. Should I drill the ends to stop spreading? Heat? Glue? Weld? Duct tape? I am in durango. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

Your most bound and honorable,

General Cornwallis.....i mean craig

chiefton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2007   #2

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Cracked 420

Contact Jim Hager @ Pyranha in Asheville and let him know about it. Jim and his crew are great guys and should know about this issue. Cracks around the cockpit is something they should know about, even if you simply decide to fix it yourself. I know that's a tough place to fix. Call Pyranha @ 828.254.1101.Even if they don't full cover it under warranty they'll hopefully do something to help you out.

Cheers,

Mark Mastalski

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefton View Post
Their is a bizzarre crack expanding (1/2 inch currently) directly behind my cockpit of my 420, in the corner of the depression of the plastic trough that holds the rear pillar in. The crack goes all the way through(now). Any thoughts on repair? The boat was bought from CKS after one season of demo, so warranty probably isn't an option. Should I drill the ends to stop spreading? Heat? Glue? Weld? Duct tape? I am in durango. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

Your most bound and honorable,

General Cornwallis.....i mean craig
ibyakn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #3

Drill the ends, patch it with a plastic welder, cover area with bitchethane, cover with guerilla tape.
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2007   #4
gh

pnw, Colorado
Take a picture and send it to them so that they can see what you are talking about. Thats what I did anyway and it made the conversation much easier. There is a good welder in the springs if you decide to go that route. Let me know and I will give you contact info. The weld is incredibly strong.
gh is offline   Reply With Quote