Coors brewery catches gear - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-07-2011   #1

Arvada, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Send a message via Skype™ to tsavo
Coors brewery catches gear

I took a quick look along their low head dams Sunday afternoon. If you lost anything above Coors...it might be in there. I saw a raft paddle and a inflated blue float bag. In talking to them on the phone, they care very little about lost boats and paddles and will discourage anyone from trespassing. Yes, I'm looking for my gear: boat and paddle.

tsavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2011   #2

Littleton, Colorado
I lost a boat over a month ago and drove thru Coors looking for it and they definitely not happy we were there. Never found the boat. Is there someone to talk to at Coors about getting back lost gear?
Old 08-08-2011   #3

Facebook page

This sounds like a good social media moment to make it clear how Coors does not support outdoor recreation. Maybe a facebook page?
sbratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2011   #4

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
They have always been super nice to us when we are looking for our rental gear that customers have lost.

Patty
Golden River Sports
PattyNYCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #5

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
It seems like, before we run off and flay coors for being exactly how a big corp will act by default, we should likely try a dialogue first. I am no great fan of coors and their lobbying efforts. That said, they deserve a chance at being a good community player, and starting up a smear campaign before exhausting some basic options will not help. Patty sounds like a good resource for one since there's an existing relationship there. And, if they fail to respond.. smear away.
Old 08-08-2011   #6

This is the company that spilled 50K gallons of beer in the creek and when fined by the CDOW for the fish they killed, fought the fine in court.
sbratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #7

Hoback Nation, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1987
Maybe all that gear gets ground up in the beer mix and that explains why Coors tastes like Boat-pfd-booty beer. Never liked it.
Old 08-08-2011   #8

Arvada, Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to tsavo
Patty,
Who do you contact and would you be willing to share that number?
tsavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #9
Abron Cabron

Santa Fe, Nuevo Mexico
Paddling Since: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsavo View Post
I took a quick look along their low head dams Sunday afternoon. If you lost anything above Coors...it might be in there. I saw a raft paddle and a inflated blue float bag. In talking to them on the phone, they care very little about lost boats and paddles and will discourage anyone from trespassing. Yes, I'm looking for my gear: boat and paddle.
Got to be an outlaw lookin for your Outlaw...

kidding aside,sorry to hear about it and GL finding your gear
abron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #10

Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbratt View Post
This is the company that spilled 50K gallons of beer in the creek and when fined by the CDOW for the fish they killed, fought the fine in court.

I never heard that...those were some Drunk a$$ fish!

Patty, you work for an outfitter (i.e., business)! Of course they will be nice to a business. How you been lately? Still like your avatar
gannon_w is offline   Reply With Quote