Conspiracy Theory - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-12-2009   #1

North Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Conspiracy Theory

When two people drown on the numbers on a private trip its all over the news, how you gotta go with a professional guide who knows the river and its dangers for example local news that says go with my friend "experienced guide" who guides Browns and The Numbers and his fellow trainees who have have seen the river about 9 nine times in training and are from Vermont or Missouri or wherever and are just passing a college summer here, barely 18, and from talking with them don't know shit about running a river but when a commercial drowning occurs in Pinball the very next day after the news says go with a company you don't hear anything about the commercial accident. Its sad that American Culture and the tourism industry has affected rafting I wish Edward Abbey was around to set the media straight and comment on this real phenomena.

nicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2009   #2
I kayak DH.

Greater tri cities metro area, Colorado
The only way to be safe on a river is with some kid from Missouri that just got a job as a guide, EVERYBODY knows that. I can't believe you would have the audacity to claim that our media has anything but the truth in mind when they give us their spin... er, I mean, the news?

Shame on you.
Old 07-12-2009   #3

North Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterwindpowderrock View Post
The only way to be safe on a river is with some kid from Missouri that just got a job as a guide, EVERYBODY knows that. I can't believe you would have the audacity to claim that our media has anything but the truth in mind when they give us their spin... er, I mean, the news?

Shame on you.
You must be from Missouri - I'm Sorry how can you be safe with a guide/ kid that was trained to run the same section of river over and over in a week and I'm sorry you believe the news er our media tells the truth ya you take your family down the Numbers at high water with a rookie from the Midwest I'll read about you; if its a private trip everybody knows that. Er you forgot to mow your lawn... where you from.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2009   #4

Frisco, Colorado
It's called SARCASM, nicho, look it up
cristal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009   #5

North Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristal View Post
don't disrespect I don't
Old 07-12-2009   #6
I kayak DH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristal View Post
what's that?

sar- what?

in other words, I was 150% agreeing with you.

the mowing the lawn thing is a signature, does not speciffically apply to this particular post.

man, one day I get called a shill, the next I get accused of being from Missouri. Fukin A, I'm going somewhere else...
Old 07-12-2009   #7

North Denver, Colorado
Quote:
what's that?

sar- what?

in other words, I was 150% agreeing with you.

the mowing the lawn thing is a signature, does not speciffically apply to this particular post.

man, one day I get called a shill, the next I get accused of being from Missouri. Fukin A, I'm going somewhere else...
Right on
Old 07-12-2009   #8
I kayak DH.

It's the buzz bro, don't expect people to come out & say they agree... what you'll get is some smartass response that makes little sense & you're supposed to decipher that & understand the original intent of the person posting.

Plus, it's frickin 1 in the morning, don't expect people to intelligently respond this late, geez! (I'm going to bed)
Old 07-12-2009   #9

North Denver, Colorado
Quote:
It's the buzz bro, don't expect people to come out & say they agree... what you'll get is some smartass response that makes little sense & you're supposed to decipher that & understand the original intent of the person posting.

Plus, it's frickin 1 in the morning, don't expect people to intelligently respond this late, geez! (I'm going to bed)
ya me too I got a river to run tomorrow
Old 07-12-2009   #10
GoBro

BZN, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
One incident was a result of poor river running and poor recovery (and a rediculous decision to put on). Another is poor river running with excelent recovery and then inexplicable heart failure AFTER the victim was out of the water.

I'm not going to jump up and down about whether or not it's appropriate to report about heart failure. I do think it's inappropriate to start pointing the finger at guides who made a solid rescue while the man was still conscience.

I've guided before, but I am in no way affliated with the company or individuals involved.

Vibes to the family and those involved.
glenn is offline   Reply With Quote