Competitive Paddlers... - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-15-2013   #1
SEND IT!!!

Blue River, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Competitive Paddlers...

If you are a paddler and have that competitive side, raft racing could be for you. This could be a good way to train for other paddling sports and to possibly travel the country and world. The Ark Sharks are always looking for new paddlers, we workout and train in the Arkansas Valley and Summit County areas and paddle a few days a week. Each season Colorado hosts about 6 races on different sections of river through out the state. We are looking to start up a Junior team, 16-23 years old. The Ark Sharks are a mens team but we have contacts for women paddlers as well. Send me a message if your interested in hearing more.

shrediknite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2013   #2

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Sounds fishy to me, men's kayak team? I think this alone will drop the number of participants in half, Even while providing women contacts. Sounds like some grade A+ Boy Scout bull shit. Excuse the language but women are usually better in term of technique cause men are agro.. And if you want to be successful get with the year, it's 2013 not 1969, segregation is something bigots practice. The younger lads could learn from there female counterparts..

Not to be an asshole but you kicked your self in the balls with the ark sharks men kayaking team with women contacts... Whatever that means
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013   #3

Idaho Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Um, the Ark Sharks are a pro RAFT racing team. Hence the "segregation". Learn to read. And he said he had contacts for women interested in being in a women's race team. You say "not to be an asshole" but that doesn't automatically make whatever you say after not asshole talk. Seems like you're just trying to be an annoying troll.
livin_tll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2013   #4

Bozeman, Montana
Annoying troll who paddles more than most of the people on this forum. You are right I missed the word rafting and thought the word paddling was associated with kayaking which is way cooler anyways..

All male raft team takes it to a even lower level. Competitive rafting shit. I'd rather drink your beer for you. Good luck I never seen a shark on the Arkansas let alone a pro shark.
Old 05-15-2013   #5

alta, Utah
"more than most of the people on this forum"

Is someone keeping score somewhere?.....if so, put me down for an extra lap on the Sf Payette last season. Nobody was at the takeout when I got there and I missed the sign in sheet at the put-in.

Also, I haven't had my 2013 swim yet, but, I am sure it is out there waiting for me. I thought about pullin last week but, somehow made it up on attempt #3. I will put it on the swim board thread as soon as I can.

thnks

BA
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013   #6
SEND IT!!!

Blue River, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
paddle more and rip on people less

Over 5,000 posts....... paddle more and rip on people less.
shrediknite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013   #7

Bozeman, Montana
Don't take life so serious, btw you live on the blue river ahah you are losing their.. Nothing wrong with ripping between ripping. It is the buzz after all.. Oh wait you probably don't know that since you are to core. Watch it raft racers comin thru, kinda like Mormons, just a little backwards..

Yeah that's a competitive record count btw, winning.
Old 05-15-2013   #8

alta, Utah
Yeah, never take message boards serious....could just be some douche trying to get to their 100th post. Just for the sake of the sake of keeping score I rated this thread a "2." God, I miss Chunderboy/Max
Old 05-15-2013   #9

boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 91
Mike your a complete tool. Its people like you that have made mountainbuzz suck! You act like some hot shit paddler and they should kick your smart ass off this board. I have seen several people complain about you. Just because you kayak surely does not make you a badass.
toledot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013   #10

alta, Utah
Mike is not a complete tool. He just likes to troll for easily excitable types because he is bored. Only a troll would go off on a silly moral rant about the sexism of a non-coed rafting team and then intolerantly slight one of the worlds religions without a whiff of awareness of any contradiction. The irony involved in his characterization of Mormons as "backwards" makes the whole exchange even more hysterical. We've all got that agitated itchy feeling that comes right before runoff. Let's holster our guns and go paddling.