Colorado's Max Karlsson needs your vote - WorldPaddleAward Nominee - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 12-02-2014   #1

Erie, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Colorado's Max Karlsson needs your vote - WorldPaddleAward Nominee

Max Karlsson incredible 2014 season has gotten him nominated by the WorldPaddleAwards for Sports Junior of the year. Please vote for him here:

(2014) Max Karlsson - Sweden | 2014 Nominees | World Paddle Awards | The Global Awards for Canoe, Kayak and other Paddlesports

Even though Max competes for Sweden, but he is a Colorado paddler born and raised. If only Colorado would issue him a passport
o He first learned to paddle with DownStreamEdge.
o He learned to roll with RAGuides.
o Bart from Golden River Sports taught him how to spin in the Library Hole on Clear Creek back in 2009.
o Pool sessions with CU kayaking club and at Meyers Pool.
o Got his start in slalom with Scott Shipley.
o Currently trains slalom with Team Colorado Whitewater Racing
o Trained freestyle with Dustin Urban for the past two years. I credit Dustin for taking Max from a paddler with potential to a world cup and European champion in freestyle.

Max's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2014   #2

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
GO MAX!!!

No need to qualify - Max is Colorado through and through! and by the resume he has had an amazing year! 2014 World Cup Gold in Men's Squirt and Junior K1 Gold and Junior K1 Euro Champ! Whoah! What a run. Proud to say I helped Max learn a few early strokes when he could barely see over the cockpit of his boat and have been following him from afar ever since with amazement at his dedication and passion for the sport. At Paddlefest this past summer I was talking with some friends and we agreed that Max may be one of the few who will challenge Dane Jackson in the future. Voted!
Old 12-03-2014   #3

Erie, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW-Evan View Post
No need to qualify - Max is Colorado through and through! and by the resume he has had an amazing year! 2014 World Cup Gold in Men's Squirt and Junior K1 Gold and Junior K1 Euro Champ! Whoah! What a run. Proud to say I helped Max learn a few early strokes when he could barely see over the cockpit of his boat and have been following him from afar ever since with amazement at his dedication and passion for the sport. At Paddlefest this past summer I was talking with some friends and we agreed that Max may be one of the few who will challenge Dane Jackson in the future. Voted!

Hey Evan, many thanks for voting and for the very kinds words.

The greatest gift you, Nick Wigston, Kyle McCutchen, and Tommy Hilleke gave Max when he first started paddling was the love for the river. The seed you planted has truly blossomed and for that my missus and I are eternally grateful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2014   #4

Erie, Colorado
Many thanks to all of you who have voted for Max.

For anyone reading this thread who has not yet voted, please consider voting for Max as his 2014 season was nothing short of being Dane Jacksonesque.

o Overall World Cup winner in K1M junior freestyle: Gold (Millau, FRA), Gold (Salt, SPA), Gold (Sort, SPA).
o Overall World Cup winner in squirt: Silver (Millau, FRA), Gold (Salt, SPA), Gold (Sort, SPA)
o Most decorated athlete at the World Cup with 5 Golds and 1 Silver.
o European Champion in K1M junior freestyle (Bratislava, SVK)
o European Runner-up in squirt (Bratislava, SVK)
o Finalist in Men's Pro division at Lyons Outdoor Games (3rd place) and GoPro Mountain Games (5th place). At these competitions Max beat among others Nick Troutman, Stephen Wright, and EJ.
o Won every K1M junior freestyle event during 2014.