Colorado State Police kicked us out of take out - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 05-26-2010   #1

vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Colorado State Police kicked us out of take out

a couple days ago a group of us were at the take out above bob senior on Hwy 6 and a state trooper told us we could not park there anymore. Now the no parking signs have been up for a couple years but i thought that was to keep out the people selling peaches on that corner not to keep out the boaters. Yesterday i saw 5 cars parked there and no tickets on the cars, my question is can we still park there our not?

p.s. sorry Spear for getting the only ticket out of all of us for no seat belt.

eagleriverswimteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2010   #2

Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
That Asshole Cop Gave Me and my buddy Seatbelt tickets too! $146.00 Screw that Pig, All the State Cops are doing is Ticketing the little Man so they can make $$$$, So I'm Gona start selling Crack, Because there to busy writing Parking, and Seatbelt tickets. So If you need yer Fix come see me under Bob, I'll Be Cracking it up.
Paulkayaknenninger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010   #3
Don

Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
Click it or ticket

You must not watch TV ever, because they have been advertising how much they for be enforcing their new Click it or Ticket campain.

Billboards, print ads, TV ads, flashing signs on the highway. Really how could you miss it? It's like they are say "HEY! Wear your seat belt or We WILL FINE YOU!!!!" It's a conspiracy for sure.

Thanks for the heads up dude.
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2010   #4
Kayak/SUP Instructor

The High Ground, Colorado
Just another reminder that the CSP works for the insurance industry.
Old 05-26-2010   #5

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Here is a link to another forum discussing the same problem.

Mountain Project: Forum: Clear Creek Canyon State Patrol is ticketing!
jmalefyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulkayaknenninger View Post
That Asshole Cop Gave Me and my buddy Seatbelt tickets too! $146.00 Screw that Pig, All the State Cops are doing is Ticketing the little Man so they can make $$$$, So I'm Gona start selling Crack, Because there to busy writing Parking, and Seatbelt tickets. So If you need yer Fix come see me under Bob, I'll Be Cracking it up.

Paul - i'm admittedly in a horrible mode today, but your post is the dumbest post i've seen all year. and there's some pretty dumb shit on the buzz. i wonder if you read this and think that it sounds at all intelligent, rational, or logical?
Steve Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010   #7

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kahn View Post
Paul - i'm admittedly in a horrible mode today, but your post is the dumbest post i've seen all year. and there's some pretty dumb shit on the buzz. i wonder if you read this and think that it sounds at all intelligent, rational, or logical?
I'm pretty sure he was kidding and TRYING to be dumb, you guys take this online forum sh!t WAY to seriously.
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010   #8

my bad

ok - sorry about that - my bad...i'm foggy and easily pissed.

feel sorry for my co-workers.

S
Steve Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010   #9

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
^^ LOL, I pity the fools! Have a better day Steve.
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010   #10

KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Agree with the ticketing. The CSP's has had the same speed trap in Glenwood that they scope everyday. Literally every time I have been down to surf in west Glenwood I see ole' smokey sitting up on the ramps as you approach the final tunnel headed west. I understand keeping speeders in check but when you see them day in and out in the same spot doing the same thing it makes you wonder what else they do.
As for the tickets in Avon, I always park there and have not been ticketed, yet. Now im not so sure. I know rafters take out there commercially but then again they have a driver with their rigs.

h
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote