Colorado or California? - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-16-2007   #1

Colorado or California?

Is Mountain Buzz based out of Colorado or California? It's hard to tell because all of the people seem to have a thorough geographic knowledge of Colorado, suggesting that they mostly live in CO. However, there seems to be more drama in this forum than an entire season of the OC. It's like being back in high school all over again. Fun stuff, provides great entertainment. Eric Link should ditch the idea for a kayak reality show. The drama on the Buzz would get a lot better ratings than Tao huckin' waterfalls with dialog of fear vs adrenaline in the background. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the topics on the Buzz aren't worth note, or even a discussion; but can't we do so in a mature fashion without bashing on others all of the time? And I'm not bashing the volume of posts either; everyone is entitled to their opinion and to voice it (this is America). It just seems to me that if every now and then we all stopped and looked at a post/situation objectively for a minute, we could take a little bit of the unnecessary heat off of the responses. Just a thought.

HuckinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2007   #2

IF you don't like it then don't read it choad boy. Here's a good link for you,
Family Travel Forum - Home
waynechorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynechorter View Post
IF you don't like it then don't read it choad boy. Here's a good link for you,
Family Travel Forum - Home
"Choad Boy" hahahahahaha I LOVE it! Classic I'm using that sometime.
HuckinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2007   #4

Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
While we're on the subject, what is the concensus on the meaning of the word "choad"?

I had always thought of a "choad" as a penis that is nearly equal in dimensions of length and girth. Aka "bologna package".

Others, however, view the "choad" as synonymous with "taint" or "grundle", terms used to denote the perineum or that expanse of flesh between the anus and scrotum.

Discuss.
Old 04-17-2007   #5

Chicago, Illinois
Paddling Since: 04
Send a message via AIM to rklein Send a message via MSN to rklein
choad...

looks like BSOE was pretty much right on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choad

"There's a strange sense of pleasure being beat to hell by a storm when you're on a ship that is not going to sink."
rklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #6
KDT

Telluride, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1492
Send a message via AIM to acetomato
I think he might have cheated a little on that one.
acetomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #7

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Send a message via AIM to craven_morhead
BSOE, I've also heard it described as the entire meat-and-potatoes package, but I think the length/girth disproportionate penis is the most "accurate"
craven_morhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #8

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
you bologna packing choads

you are all bologna packing choads!
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #9

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Livin' a lie.

Nah, its just that everyone in CO wishes they lived in CA and had access to the largest concentration of high quality whitewater anywhere in the world. It's understandable that there's so much angst among CO boaters, knowing that they consistently paddle second rate water, dragging their knuckles over bony, trashy, piton-fest, half rate excuses for creeks. It wouldn't be so bad if CO boaters stayed in CO and didn't venture out to CA, but once they've tasted any one of dozens of classic Cali runs, they realize what they've been missing, and there's no turning back. So keep running the Cali Section and telling yourself you have the goods. Meanwhile we'll be livin the dream.
jsyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #10

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
CALIFORNIA HYPE? come to wyoming where the men are men and the sheep are scared, thats right boys come check out some of our virtually unrun creeks, first descents=forget the classics these are better, like a john wayne movie but on steroids
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california