CO Boating in late July? - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-13-2015   #1

SE, North Carolina
CO Boating in late July?

Hey Guys,

Coming to CO next week and would love to do some boating. What is running this time of the year?

I will be in Crested Butte 7/24-7/26 and would love to hop on OBJ. Whats the level like these days? Also, would love to hook up with some boaters out there. I'm a solid class V boater ready to do some CO boofing.

Thanks,

SoutheastBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2015   #2

Copper Mountain, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Oh be out of water, oh be waiting until next year.

There will be plenty of Gore for you. Most people never think of that run, and those of us out here know it is basically the go-to from late July-Thanksgiving. I'd have low hopes of getting any bailey this year too.
Cphilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015   #3

SE, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cphilli View Post
Oh be out of water, oh be waiting until next year.

There will be plenty of Gore for you. Most people never think of that run, and those of us out here know it is basically the go-to from late July-Thanksgiving. I'd have low hopes of getting any bailey this year too.
cool thanks for the reply. I've got buddies in the Eagle/Vail area so will definitely be getting on Gore.
SoutheastBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2015   #4
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Gore, Cheeseman (right now it's high but at some point soon it will surely come down), possible Black Canyon depending on release and your tolerance for burl, low water Big South (depending on release from Long Draw), low water Clear Creek, maybe Crystal Gorge or NF Crystal / punchbowls, depending on flow.
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015   #5

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Durango is still going off. Vallecito Creek is solid 2.0 ft or more. Keeps raining down here in the afternoons keeping the creek at a good 350 cfs or more. Running 367 today or 2.18 ft. If you are super confident someone may offer to guide you through the Animas' Baker's Box (aka Pandora's) Running a very stout 1200+ cfs today. Best to get in this one at a little lower level. Upper Animas still running at lower flows in Silverton. Grade IV with a little spice here and there plus it's super scenic.

hullflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015   #6

Morganton, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 1984
I am going to be in the Gore area from the 23rd to 27. I am looking for a crew to run Gore Canyon or maybe the Big South. My cell phone is 828/228/3826. Drop me a text if I can join your crew. I have run Gore in the past but not the Big South.
oakyjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015   #7
swimming

sao paulo, sao paulo
Paddling Since: 2010
has been bookmark, this seems like a very interesting thread
janet0 is offline   Reply With Quote