Clear Creek of Ark wood report - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-23-2008   #1

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Clear Creek of Ark wood report

Yo,
Someone always has to have the dubious honor of firing it first. I say dubious because the first folks are almost always jonsin and the flow too low as was the case thursday night.

There is a large log floating in the eddy river right at the bottom of the big boof (2nd gorge?). It looked mobile when we landed on it, but could flush to a bad spot.

The log(s) that you duck in the busy water at the end have sunk further down and will not be passable with good flows. Locals help?! The rest is good to go with the normal minor wood spots.

Joe

JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2008   #2
addict

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
sorry to steal your dubious honor, joe. didn't notice that wood in the 2nd gorge when we got in there. must have been on tuesday. will be back soon as flows pick back up.
tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #3

Seattle, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by tango View Post
sorry to steal your dubious honor, joe. didn't notice that wood in the 2nd gorge when we got in there. must have been on tuesday. will be back soon as flows pick back up.
Weak sauce. If you were the first in there, by two days, where is your wood report? Give the rest of us a heads up. Here's to good flows and I'll see you down there Tango.
Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2008   #4

Weak sauce to you Joe since the entire state is running and your wasting your time on Clear Creek of the Ark at minimal water levels. You're not even an Ark local. Meanwhile Frontrange Fred is firing Barrel at 10k and Brad's hot-lapping Vallecito. Negative vertical for you! Minimum flow deduction penalty.
Old 05-27-2008   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutch View Post
Negative vertical for you! Minimum flow deduction penalty.
hehehe

You wacky Coloradists...

GD
GDalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #6

Seattle, Washington
Ok, honesty here. I'm part of the Mank Crew. Earlier in the week we fired the upper A at 6+gs in town and 2200 in silverton. Piedra at 2700. Escalante higher than I've seen it, again. Gore at 2600. We needed a mank evening on the way back to the city. Truth be told, I'm terrified of Barrel at 10 and now Gore at 6?!! That f-ing vallecito just dropped in and they pulled the wood on the day we drove out of durango - curses on the world. At least we got some USB, eldo action. I fired eldo for the first time behind christian blind - does that earn me bonus points back?
Joe
Old 05-27-2008   #7

Hate to say it but me and a friend ran it the Friday of paddlefest @ 60 cfs. You can ask GH your site admin for verification, since he was our shuttle bunny for the day. No need to post wood report since it would have changed with more flow, and nobody else would have gone in there at that level but me.
Old 05-27-2008   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCKeck1 View Post
I fired eldo for the first time behind christian blind - does that earn me bonus points back?
Joe
That equals bonus points in my book.

Did you pull the wood out of Harmon or was it gone? Luke, Ben and I are hitting it up this afternoon if you're in town.

T
doublet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #9

Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
what time are you guys going to eldorado, that sounds like fun?
WhiteChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #10

Golden, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteChocolate View Post
what time are you guys going to eldorado, that sounds like fun?
Did you get that roll figured out yet? I think you have to be able to roll before you do that one.
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ark