"Class II Wanna B's" - RMH - Video of Lower Blue 9/14/2008 - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 09-21-2008   #1

Rocky Mountain Hooliganz, Rocky Mountain High
Paddling Since: 2007
"Class II Wanna B's" - RMH - Video of Lower Blue 9/14/2008

All,
Here's some more local footage for that ass!! Nothing extreme, just some nice Beta for those who have not floated it, and a reminder for those who didn't show!! HA HAAA!! A bluebird day in the Lower Blue!! A beautiful float for all, even if we are just "Class II Wanna B's"!!! We enjoyed it!! I hope you all enjoy the video!!

Cheers!! :cheers:

-Nick :rockon:

Click on link below or press play on the movie!

You can also visit my website rockymountainhooliganz.com!!

<object width="400" height="302"> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /> <param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_...p;fullscreen=1" /> <embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_...p;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="302"></embed></object><br /><a href="RMH Video - Lower Blue, CO 9/14/2008 on Vimeo Video - Lower Blue, CO 9/14/2008</a> from <a href="islandertek on Vimeo> on <a href="http://vimeo.com?pg=embed&amp;sec=1778259">Vimeo</a>.

islandertek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2008   #2

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
YEAH!!

Great Job getting the video Scott and Nick!

Sweet job with the editing Nick!
Airborne2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #3

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Nice flick,i like seeing familiar runs even easy ones, 11 mile looks pretty fun.I'd say lwr.Blue at 1100 is a little better than class 2,calling it a creek and wearing a Hannibal Lector is a bit over the top.Nick glad to see you are getting after it,I am the guy you met on the South Platte earlier this summer,went for mexican and down Union.What kind of camera set up are you using,helmut cam?Is Dane ,Helio?

Jay
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2008   #4

Rocky Mountain Hooliganz, Rocky Mountain High
What's up Jay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayo 2 View Post
Nice flick,i like seeing familiar runs even easy ones, 11 mile looks pretty fun.I'd say lwr.Blue at 1100 is a little better than class 2,calling it a creek and wearing a Hannibal Lector is a bit over the top.Nick glad to see you are getting after it,I am the guy you met on the South Platte earlier this summer,went for mexican and down Union.What kind of camera set up are you using,helmut cam?Is Dane ,Helio?

Jay
Jay,

Dude I called you the next day and left you a voice mail. I didn't hear back from you and didn't know what happened to you. I've been boating with a ton of different people lately. Let me know if you want to go out sometime. Maybe next season!! I think we're doing Shoshone this coming weekend.

The "Class II Wanna B's" came from some little F*** 'N' Pu$$y (ballbuster) who called us that here on the buzz because we float the Blue. I would do Gore if I had more experience, but for my first season and only starting the middle of June!!! I think I'll stick to class II, III, IV stuff!!

Oh and my full face helmet, that's just how I roll brotha!!!

Cheers!

-Nick
303-204-1527
islandertek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #5

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Hey guys cool video! I have never done this stretch of water and looking for a new place to go this weekend. Think I could get a 16' cat or 14' raft through there without any problems?
mostly concerned with the diversion dam.
BigJilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #6

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
you have to run the entire 14-15 miles in a raft/cat. the spring creek take out is a kayak only take out. do your research on the contentious run and respect the private property/ rules of the LB... or you'll end up in jail. plenty of water though at 1100.
upshitscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #7

Paddling Since: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJilm View Post
Hey guys cool video! I have never done this stretch of water and looking for a new place to go this weekend. Think I could get a 16' cat or 14' raft through there without any problems?
mostly concerned with the diversion dam.

Yeah, you should be fine taking a 14' and/or 16' cat down that stretch. We've always seen groups of rafters goin down w/o any problems with booze and fishing gear, and over night gear. Not exactly sure where the rafters take-out though, UpshitCreek is probably right about doing the 15 miles to the takeout for rafters, although I have seen duckies take out at the Spring Creek Take-out just above the Bridge on RIver Left.

Plenty of water for rafts at this flow, awsome time.

Have fun, and be safe!
Airborne2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #8

steamboat Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
One problem for rafting this streach is the put it. It is very steep, and I have seen people attach a rope to a truck hitch and then belay the raft down to the river. It is a good idea to rap a tarp around the bottm of your raft to protect it while you belay it down. I beleive the only raft take out is the gore canyon put in, which is a long float through alot of ranch land.
striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #9

Golden, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandertek View Post
Jay,
I think we're doing Shoshone this coming weekend.
Who's planning on running Shoshone with you? Are you planning on multiple runs, or are you going to continue down through Glenwood. I might be up for it if you are willing to have others along. Let me know....

Brandon
brandon_blomquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #10
Jefe Driver

Hey Brandon,
Right now the tentative plan is to try and run Shoshone on Saturday. The group so far is Nick, Alex, Scott and I. If Jay is free I'm sure he'd be down to go as well. A bunch of us are hitting the pool tonight so we will try to hammer out more details. Because alot of us are coming from Colorado Springs, time will be a factor because of the drive, but laps in Shoshone and taking the river all the way into two rivers park both sound good.
FreeKickHero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class ii