CKS Paddle w/ the Pros 2005 - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-18-2005   #1

Asheville, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 98
CKS Paddle w/ the Pros 2005

Dagger kayaks and CKS will be hosting the Paddle with the Pros event at both CKS locations on the weekend of Saturday May 28th and Sunday May 29th. This will be a sweet opportunity to paddle with pro kayakers from Team-D and try out some of the new 05 kayaks...FREE. Reguardless of you ability level there will be a chance for you to learn, so come with questions and be ready to have fun. The agenda is:

Sat. May 28th...get outfitted @ CKS Buena Vista 9am-2pm
paddle at the BV hole with Team-D and CKS
BV town run
free BBQ and refreshments

Sun. May 29th...get outfitted @ CKS Salida 9am-2pm
Salida town run
paddle at the Salida hole with Team-D and CKS
free BBQ and refreshments

Again, this event is FREE! Bring any boat you want or try one of the new boats at CKS like the Crazy 88. If you have any questions give CKS a call at 888.265.2925. Also, I know that Hobie will have some more paddle with the pros info coming to the buzz soon....

Bryan
CKS Staff

bowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2005   #2

KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Thanks Bryan. We are looking forward to being there next weekend for sure.
As for Team D it looks to be a good group. So far I have Corey Volt, Andre Spino Smith, John Werner, and Jay Kincaid. With water levels on the rise it should be an epic weekend of paddling and a good chance to learn from some of the worlds best. And like Bryan said it is free. we will have boat demos and then my favorite, a BBQ. Look forward to seeing you all there!

hobie
Dagger Kayaks
Paddle with the Pros
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005   #3

Asheville, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 98
The water levels will be good for this event. The Ark came up and the BV and Salida holes are getting good (about 500 CFS on Friday). I'm heading to Salida hole after work today, and I will update on how it is. Sounds like a great crew from Dagger at Paddle with the Pros this year.
bowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2005   #4

Just got off the phone with Earl and it seems the water is flowin' over in the Ark valley. Perfect for our PWTPs this weekend. Here is the low down for times and locations. Since there is so much water and good features (and now two CKS locations) we are going to make this a two day event. On Saturday we will be in BV from 11-3 and then the same time on Sunday but we will move to the Salida whitewater park. There has been a lot of interest in this weekend so make plans to head over to the Ark. As for paddlers it looks like Jay Kincaid, Corey Volt, Andre Spino Smith, Jesse Murphy, and Dustin Urban. Im pretty excited for this one as I hear both spots are going off right now. Hope to see you there.

hobie
Dagger Kayaks
Paddle with the Pros
Rocky Mountain Division
Old 05-25-2005   #5

Sorry to say Jay called and is still in Eugene, OR. He can't be in CO. till Sunday. Said he will be over there all of FiBark however. We still have the crew plus Jesse Murphy and Dustin Urban. Also, be on the look out for a Teva rig in the valley and a nerdy red headed kid driving it. Lock your doors.

hobie
Old 05-27-2005   #6

Updated PWP This Weekend...BV Salida

This weekend should be fantastic. The Ark is at 2000 cfs. so the BV hole and Salida holes are going off. Sun is out, Life is good.

PWP schedule for this weekend.

Saturday, meet at CKS BV, 10 AM Paddle the lower Narrows and finish at the BV hole
BBQ at CKS /BV at 3pm

Sunday, meet at CKS Salida, 10 AM Paddle the Salida Waves
BBQ at Ssalida Park 2pm

It should be awesome. Free, Fun, Cool, and Easy.

Team D is here in force. Call CKS at 888 CO KAYAK for details
bvwp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005   #7

This is about the most stacked group I think we have ever had for one of our events. I found out that Andrew Holcombe and Anna Leveque will be in town too. Super stoked to paddle the Ark with some good water in it. Shaping up to be a great weekend!

hobie