cataract canyon hiking - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-22-2007   #1

cataract canyon hiking

Hello,

Does anyone have any suggestions for good long hikes on cataract. We are leaving next week for the trip.

thanks

chiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2007   #2
God Amongst Men

Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
the doll house at spanish bottom is the classic hike, waay cool and should not be missed.

i havent done many hikes in the upper canyon but below the big rapids there are three standout hikes weve done, gypsum canyon, which has lots of dryfalls, dark canyon, which is really neat, sculpted bedrock everywhere, and clearwater canyon which winds back and forth and has some cool narrow sections. like i said, havent done much hiking in the upper canyon, we always haul to the rapids and then slow down from there.
Old 09-23-2007   #3

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetigonecrazy View Post
the doll house at spanish bottom is the classic hike, waay cool and should not be missed.

i havent done many hikes in the upper canyon but below the big rapids there are three standout hikes weve done, gypsum canyon, which has lots of dryfalls, dark canyon, which is really neat, sculpted bedrock everywhere, and clearwater canyon which winds back and forth and has some cool narrow sections. like i said, havent done much hiking in the upper canyon, we always haul to the rapids and then slow down from there.
chiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2007   #4

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Water Canyon to Confluence Overlook

I'd recommend hiking up Water Canyon (~4 mile RR of the Green). Amazing slickrock views. Cool overlook of the confluence of the Green and Colorado. We spent 6 hours on this hike. You can go further and all the way to the doll house from here.
SueCherry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cataract, cataract canyon