cat & trailer storage - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-08-2008   #1

conifer, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1976
cat & trailer storage

due to circumstances beyond my control i need to seek out storage for my 16' cat and the trailer it's on. i like to leave the cat all mounted up and ready to go during the summer. but i'm going to be moving to a smaller place and i've got to find somewhere to stow the boat.

anybody else dealt successfully with this problem? the alternative is selling the big cat and trailer and buying a smaller cat that can be taken to location in my truck w/the frame on a rack on top. but i'd rather just get the set up that i have.

storage sheds are around 100-200 bucks a month and i can't really afford that although i may have to.

ideas?

krakeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2008   #2

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakeld View Post
due to circumstances beyond my control i need to seek out storage for my 16' cat and the trailer it's on. i like to leave the cat all mounted up and ready to go during the summer. but i'm going to be moving to a smaller place and i've got to find somewhere to stow the boat.

anybody else dealt successfully with this problem? the alternative is selling the big cat and trailer and buying a smaller cat that can be taken to location in my truck w/the frame on a rack on top. but i'd rather just get the set up that i have.

storage sheds are around 100-200 bucks a month and i can't really afford that although i may have to.

ideas?
We have a trailer that carries only my big expedition frame - I've added a cargo platform to my day frame and now use that for long trips.

I had a storage bin anyway and (barely) got my old, kinda-not-needed- anymore trailer in there. I'm keeping the frame for the day I eventually do the Grand...but I feel your pain.

One idea - there are condos in my area that actually have a trailer lot. The one near my house is barely half full - you might be able to talk the mgt into letting you stash yours there for less $$$ than a storage bin. Of course, your boat would be outside 24x7....just an idea.

We've talked about getting a ramp-submersible trailer for the boats (17'6" cat and 15' cat), but frankly, I've been inflating and deflating so long (and enjoying NOT hauling a trailer everywhere) that we probably won't bother.

Long post - probably not much help to ya, sorry.
Beardance42 is offline   Reply With Quote