caspar's bachelor party, thurs 29th thru sunday - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 07-27-2010   #1

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
caspar's bachelor party, thurs 29th thru sunday

having a bachelor party. be planning on hitting some classic 5's this week if any of you want some to join in.. cause thats how i roll..
planning on Bluegrass Creek thursday(if we can get some help with a shuttle, means come run with us), Bailey if its still running 370 on friday, sat at the poudre kickin some poudre and takin the belt, driving to gore that night for a late lap and gore laps all day sunday> anybody game? shits at good levels still.
classic weekend with some garanteed carnage..
bluegrass in the above 400 variety
bailey 370cfs
gore 950cfs
poudre just under 1.75ish i think.. sounds like a fun time. byob and herb

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2010   #2

Bozeman, Montana
for you people thinking about it just quit thinking, quit working, go boating, that simple..
driving back to the ol 307 tomarr, bluegrass is a hout if any of you are thinking about it. super sick putin drop followed by a sick run out followed by a super sick slide to boof(bucking bronc). lets rally remember quit thinking go boating.

the Main event is a good rapid for you boaters wanting to step up to a little meat.
Old 07-27-2010   #3

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Mike, sounds like you have a great late season rally planned. If bailey is running, I'll be there friday. What time do you think you would be down by bailey. I typically meet up a the takeout around 10-11 for friday runs.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2010   #4

Bozeman, Montana
sounds like take out by 10, stoked for sure. good thing you are going i havent run it in 4 years ahaha.. all i remember is the rock on river left before super max and the rally eddy on river right.. and the super chronic steepsand deer creek section. stoked to possiblly b impaled by that rusty ass pipe
Old 07-27-2010   #5

B.F.E., Wyoming
What the fuck kind of run are you taking me on Mike? You dont even remember that shit?....... I'm screwed.
freexbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010   #6

Bozeman, Montana
its all good catch the eddies and stay on line
Old 08-02-2010   #7

Bozeman, Montana
good solid 4 days of boating..

thursday
no water in bluegrass went to poudre ran one lap through uppers, 2 through middles and 7 laps thru lowers, finished the day at bridges..

friday woke up and drove to gore because bailey wasnt running..meet up with Ian and we popped 2 gore newbies cherries that day and we partied because we could, steak and fries over the pit..

sat
630am seal launch into the fog above gore , just me and my sensi, no portage no scout
900 packing up shit to drive back to poudre..
1at race meeting stoked to see everybody
2pm racing and feeling the burn but still keeping leaders in sight
raced 2 more heats making semis, swam in the pool after the finish line. drank up immediately, ran shuttle for my boys watched them lap
and finished the night drinking beer on a shredder on bridges..

sunday
drove from fort to Clear creek and popped 3 cherries this morn, on the black rock section.. than hit the super sweet top section of Bluegrass on the drive back to the 307 this afternoon..

just want to thank everybody for boating and having a killer time not being survivor goats but actual boaters... be a nice relaxing day at the whitewater park tomarrow..
Old 08-02-2010   #8

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Great Weekend CM. Sorry I missed your original post; I might have joined you for more of it. Must have just missed your schedule for BR yesterday. Saw you at Rigor.

I've never run it that low before. While it wasn't awesome, it was much more fun than i would have guessed.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #9

Bozeman, Montana
yeah dave i saw your truck heading up and i was stoked for you.... shit was fun.. we let the rookies lead thru narrows which was alot of fun, reminded me of triple scoop on the boxE, blackrock and the pinshit was rad.. alot of fun and it felt like more water than the poudre at 2 feet..
Old 08-02-2010   #10

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Yo Mike, fun times at gore for your bachelor bonanza. I got a kick out of seeing the new guys with huge grins ear to ear after k-bomb.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote