Carbon composite All Star - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-21-2010   #1

BV, CO
Paddling Since: 96
Carbon composite All Star

The cat is finally out of the bag... Jackson is offering the All Star in a carbon composite layup. I heard #18! And of course the more rigid hull raises the performance capacity significantly.

Phil U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2010   #2

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
wow I want one! Unfortunately just went on their website and it's $2,800.00
Mmcquillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #3

The next zone, .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil U. View Post
The cat is finally out of the bag... Jackson is offering the All Star in a carbon composite layup. I heard #18! And of course the more rigid hull raises the performance capacity significantly.

The cat is out of the bag?? It seemed that the composite All Star was the biggest kayakin topic in the bars here in BV this past fall ..

Do you know if they will have the large size?? If they do I will be the first to write the check for $2800..

Also I cant wait to see Dustin and the rest of the south main crew in one of these.. Watch out world - it will be amazing to see what they will now do in this boat!!

Props to Jackson - great idea and the market is there... Now if they will only make a large...
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2010   #4

Provo, Utah
The back band appears to be a bit different than standard. I can't get mine to sit up that high and stay. Am I doing something wrong or does the carbon all-star have a different back band?
afaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #5

BV, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNEK View Post
The cat is out of the bag?? It seemed that the composite All Star was the biggest kayakin topic in the bars here in BV this past fall ..

Do you know if they will have the large size?? If they do I will be the first to write the check for $2800..

Also I cant wait to see Dustin and the rest of the south main crew in one of these.. Watch out world - it will be amazing to see what they will now do in this boat!!

Props to Jackson - great idea and the market is there... Now if they will only make a large...
So what yer saying is that some of our boyze were half in the bag talkin about the cat in the bag... but this is the official release of the cat...

Yeah, its fun to think about where things might go with more air and a stiffer hull. Some day a double rotation loop? D and others are landing on their bow and linking to a second trick with the current All Star.

There could be another trapped feline... but I'm not sayin anymore...

P.
Old 11-22-2010   #6

Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Good boat for making the most out of a single cushioned feature. But rock-splats, seal-launches, stuff like Low-water golden, etc, would be best avoided, I'd imagine.
Kendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #7

The next zone, .
In the mid - late 90's we paddled the Kevlar sin boat down just about everything short of creeks from here to the east coast... The one I got in about 98' is still in great shape and pry has at least 200 days on the river if not more.. I would think that this kevlar all star will last just as long if not longer than a plastic boat if you know how to paddle one..

Also I have to say that low water golden should always be avoided no matter what you paddle unless it is a tube ...

Phil any chance that the cat in the bag is a very large overweight cat that a guy with sz 13 feet can fit in??? Boy I sure hope so..
Old 11-23-2010   #8

Hood River, Oregon
Looks like he's sporting the new IR Comp LX, and Klingon skirt along with that fancy boat- looks fun and fast!
kayak2the9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #9

BV, CO
Hey 'Nek, Its on other boards now sooo.... The Rock Star that is coming out this coming spring? will be 2 gallons bigger in the bow, one gallon bigger in the stern and one inch shorter than the '10 All Star. And, it will be available in the carbon composite. I don't know if yer 13 dogs will fit in that cat or not. I can't believe you got in a Sin with those dogs though! There are 2 Sins hanging on the wall in the Eddyline. The red, white and blue one was Dan Gavere's. Saw him paddle that at an Ottawa comp, Dustin's first squirt comp, he was in an old T'Bird.