Canyon Creek, AZ access roads? - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-16-2008   #1

Father of illegitimate San Juan sasquatch children, Climax. CO
Canyon Creek, AZ access roads?

Lookin' at doing middle canyon creek by the salt. I have been looking at maps trying to find the exact access roads from the gazetter. The description written on eddyflower talks about Apache roads 16 as the put-in and 1 as the take out. I can only find road 12. Any one have any beta for this? Is the run above oak creek between Lost creek and Ellison creek confluence? Thanks for the help, Juanny

floaty22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2008   #2

First of all, don't know. Second... did Matt or someone get into your profile and name you the San Juan sasquatch f*cker? awesome. See ya in a bit at Falc's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floaty22 View Post
Lookin' at doing middle canyon creek by the salt. I have been looking at maps trying to find the exact access roads from the gazetter. The description written on eddyflower talks about Apache roads 16 as the put-in and 1 as the take out. I can only find road 12. Any one have any beta for this? Is the run above oak creek between Lost creek and Ellison creek confluence? Thanks for the help, Juanny
ecjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008   #3

Apache Rt 1 would be the take out, thats the road that follows the Salt for 10 miles then climbs out of the canyon. From what I've heard its been washed out at Cibique creek so you can't make it to Canyon Creek.
maine boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2008   #4

There is a way to acess that road from the north. This is how we would also reach the put-in. I just wanted to know where the actual "middle" part of the run starts.
Considering the illegality of the runs around there coming in from the north seems like the most stealth option. I just don't want to miss the put-in. I'm thinking that if we get to a river crossing and it looks like the shit is going to drop off below, we found the run.
Thanks for the clarification on rt 1. Johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by maine boater View Post
Apache Rt 1 would be the take out, thats the road that follows the Salt for 10 miles then climbs out of the canyon. From what I've heard its been washed out at Cibique creek so you can't make it to Canyon Creek.
Old 02-18-2008   #5

Durango, Colorado
Just for the record, I had very little to do with the "San Juan Sasquatch F'er" or the "Climax" in his profile. Me thinks Juanny came up with this little phrase on his own. (Perhaps with a little help from my previous one which may or may not have mentioned sasquatch and unicorns)

And as far as finding your little Route 16, I'd suggest you grow a mullet and go stand in a mini skirt at the Jack-In-The-Box in Globe and scream about it until you get some answers.

"YAY MY FOOOOOD IS HERE!"
storm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #6

Only a select few can carry the globe mullet with pride and dignity. My mother cut my first mullet at the age of three. Often confused with a simple "rat" tail, I struggled for years to defend my mullet. I have challenged the drive through managers of the jack-in-the-box for what seems like an eternity, just to let my mullet fly. I follow TM's lead.
I feel that one day, the pieces will all fall into place.
Anyone, beta for the run? Lookin' sketchy! Like no one has run it for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm11;86 f406
Just for the record, I had very little to do with the "San Juan Sasquatch F'er" or the "Climax" in his profile. Me thinks Juanny came up with this little phrase on his own. (Perhaps with a little help from my previous one which may or may not have mentioned sasquatch and unicorns)

And as far as finding your little Route 16, I'd suggest you grow a mullet and go stand in a mini skirt at the Jack-In-The-Box in Globe and scream about it until you get some answers.

"YAY MY FOOOOOD IS HERE!"
Old 02-19-2008   #7

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
When you get that whole access deal figured out, lets go run it. I couldn't find shit on google earth though.

On a more serious note, dont ever let anyone suppress that inner mullet. Fly your Tennesee tailgate with pride.
Cinnamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #8

About a year ago, I was told the run was illegal (along with the Upper Upper Salt and Cibeque). I'm not sure how reliable this is but the info did come from someone I generally trust. I'd be curious if it actually is legal because it looks like it'd be a great run to hit up.

COUNT
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008   #9

Definately illegal. But, if things worked out, then...
More research has led to a more concrete (cinder blocks, Ha!) location of the run. Basically I think running this or cib would be way less sketch than the upper salt. Right now it doesn't look like we are going to have a lot of water for creekin'. But there is, supposedly, a front moving in out of the south pacific next mid-week.
Durango boys are leavin' wed (27th) afternoon for creekin' until sunday. If anyone is going to be around then PM me. Johnny
Old 02-20-2008   #10

Okay, I thought so. FYI, I know for a fact that there are one or two rangers in the southern districts that keep an eye on the Buzz. I don't know if the Apaches have anyone but it wouldn't surprise me if they get tipped off by those who do watch it. If you plan trips, plan them in private off the forum (including river access points, beta, etc.) if you want to have a successful trip.

COUNT
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
access