Canon City Whitewater Park Fund Raiser Nov 23rd - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 11-12-2007   #1

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Canon City Whitewater Park Fund Raiser Nov 23rd

The Whitewater Kayak Recreaction Park (WKRP) in Canon City ,CO is having another funraiser on Nov. 23rd at 3 p.m. The theme for this fundraiser is the Royal Gorge Travel Train that will include a train ride through the Royal Gorge on the Arkansas river and a chance to win one of four Colorado vacation packages. Tickets are $35 for coach seats and $65 for dome seats with all ticket sales going to benifit the whitewater park. If you have ever wanted an excuse to ride the train or show your non-boating friends and family the gorge now is the time. Tickets are available the day of event or in advance at the following locations in Canon City: Canon City Chamber of Commerce, Royal Gorge Anglers, Royal Gorge Bidge & Park, Pizza Madness.

Thanks to everyone who made our last fundraiser a sucess and thanks in advance to everyone that comes and rides the train. see ya there Corey
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WKRP poster final.pdf (449.0 KB, 69 views)

ccombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2007   #2

Salida, Colorado
How to Make this post a sticky

Does anyone know how to get this post as a sticky until the event happens.
Old 11-13-2007   #3

Sorry couldn't resist. WKRP ... Only the best tv show of all time.

If you ever wonder. Wonder how cool our river could be.
We're playing in the water in Canon City

Canon City, double you kay are pea

Got kind of tired of traveling for my surfing
Park to park, trick woo donkey flip phonics monkey

Maybe the Ark doesnít need another playpark
Just maybe think Canon City is more than the pokey

Iím at double you kay are pea in Canon City
stankboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2007   #4

Salida, Colorado
Those are great lyrics, we were tring to think of a catchy acronym and WKRP in Canon City is what came about.
Old 11-14-2007   #5

Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Bump.

Corey, that's a bitchin fundraiser, man. If I weren't still "indesposed" you can bet I'd be there. I should be home in a month or so and I'll give you a call, we'll hit up Monarch or something.

Everyone else, if you haven't been on the train it is totally worth more than 35 bucks, especially when the proceeds go to a worthy cause. The trip through the canyon is great for boaters and nonboaters alike. So head to Canon City and bring your people. Who wouldn't want a sweet playpark to hit after that long flatwater coming out of the gorge?

Peace,

Josh
Old 11-14-2007   #6

Bump. Can we make this a sticky?
Old 11-15-2007   #7

It already is sticky and there's no double stick function for this bad boy .
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #8

My bad. I was looking at the "home/portal" view and there were no stickies. I'm still sometimes bewildered by all the buzz pages. I am a simple creature.
Old 11-16-2007   #9

Salida, Colorado
Hey Josh thanks for the support, definately give me a call when you get home and we will go hit the mountain. We brought in about $11,000 at the last fundraiser and we are hoping to pull in similar numbers for this event which will get us close to paying for the design and engineering plans and once that is in place we will start working on getting grants and donations to start building the park. later C
Old 11-16-2007   #10

Woh, nice work. That's a lotta bread. You guys are doing a great job. I'll give you a call after Christmas, should be home by then.

Tags
ark