Can anyone reccomend an orthopedic doctor? - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-23-2005   #1

Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1992
Can anyone reccomend an orthopedic doctor?

Specifically a foot/ankle guy in the boulder/north denver area? Thanks

badkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2005   #2

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Sorry to hear you messed up your foot.

The folks at Boulder orthopedic have good reputations. Ferris, Wieder and a couple others. I don't know specifically about ankels, but Dr Rotor is there main knee guy.

Take care.
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005   #3

Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1992
Thanks Dave, but it doesn't look like they are covered by my provider. I ended up picking Dr William M Johnson, he's across the street from the hospital in Boulder, if anyone has any experiences with him I would like to hear them. This is officially my worst season ever, I've been out of commision since 5/21. Go figure it's turned out to be a great season.
badkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2005   #4

Goin' bionic

I had surgery done on both shoulders this winter by the baddest mofo to ever weild a knife. I highly suggest him to anybody that has had multiple separation/dislocation problems. Not too sure about his prowess on the lower extremities though. The point is, I found out about this cat by talking to different physical therapist in and around the Boulder area to see who they thought was the best shoulder guy. There advice was invaluable. Call a few places and see who the thearpists respect most. When you hear the same doctor's name mentioned a few times you know you might have found a winner. I did. 3 months gone, 2 shoulders later, and now 1 hellofa' season! Dank ya' Easter Bunny, bawk, bawk!!!
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005   #5
ACC

dropzone, Colorado
philip - how come you didn't recommend said doctor when I asked about shoulder docs a couple weeks ago?

badkins - i feel your pain. now that i have had my shoulder fixed by a doc at the steadman clinic in denver, I am happy to be on the road to recovery. However, spending the season in a sling since 5/20 has been less than ideal. good luck!
ACC is offline   Reply With Quote