Camping heads up at Escalante - Page 3 - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-29-2010   #21

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Please refer to my post on the first page bro.

jmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2010   #22

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by climbdenali View Post
ACC- Google before I post? What should I have googled to find out what was being referred to- "Escalante?" No need to get all snippy and elitist about me asking a simple question. It's not like I got on here and said, "Could someone please tell me where all the best runs are and how hard they are and how to get there and where you can camp for them?" That would be a question to google for or check a guidebook. God forbid someone have to repeat information on an INFORMATIVE FORUM.

Can you see how "Camping heads up at Escalante" is a bit vague? Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

By the way, I'm not your bro, bra.
You're either kidding or you're WAY too oversensitive for a right coaster.
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010   #23

Boulder, 80301
Paddling Since: 2005
Ah the buzz, not for the faint of heart. This made my afternoon as a desk jockey bearable thanks!
Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2010   #24

Any flow reports or predictions for this weekend (5/1-2)?
Old 04-30-2010   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by climbdenali View Post
ACC- Google before I post? What should I have googled to find out what was being referred to- "Escalante?" No need to get all snippy and elitist about me asking a simple question. It's not like I got on here and said, "Could someone please tell me where all the best runs are and how hard they are and how to get there and where you can camp for them?" That would be a question to google for or check a guidebook. God forbid someone have to repeat information on an INFORMATIVE FORUM.

Can you see how "Camping heads up at Escalante" is a bit vague? Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

By the way, I'm not your bro, bra.
No kidding, broheim. That ACC dude is a dick. It's not like it's annoying when people fire up clueless posts without reading the entire thread or employing some basic inference. I wish more bras on the buzz could just chill out a bit.

This informative forum is a place for people to answer every inane question I can think of...I wish people like ACC would realize that.
doublet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010   #26

golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Yewwww, boy lets calm down a bit. Itís like a feeding frenzy in here. I didnít flip off RR just wanted to add a little zest to my post. I wasnít happy with him but that kind of shit is just gonna cause problem for everyone. I stopped and spoke with him briefly. I offered to take him kayaking, he didnít seem too interested. What he did seem interested in was strictly enforcing the rules on that little sign. He told one of our group, when he suggested that a warning would suffice to get the point across, that there was no room for negotiation.
RDNK your right we do need to watch our step, especially this year with HB 1188 not going as I had hoped and all. I was there in my PFD at the capitol building for the senate committee hearing. We certainly are out gunned when it comes to funding. AND all front rangers suck, shit yah
kcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010   #27

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 94
Does anyone seem to remember two certain western slop boys shooting guns, shaking tent, stealing whiskey, and otherwise terrorizing a Front Range tool bag 2 years ago? If you do, you know them and love them.

So the questions is: Do we blame the western slope boys for terroizing the front range tool bag, or do we blame the front range tool bag for making a stink and not handling his shit up front direct to the boys, vs. making a stink on the buzz and other public outlets.

Either way I am certain that incident had something to do with this.

And for the record, those western slope boys are stand up. They may have gotten a little out of control, but come on, we're kayakers... being unruly is part of the bag.
iliketohike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010   #28
Boy Howdy!

Colotucky, USA
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensjustduckie View Post
You're either kidding or you're WAY too oversensitive for a right coaster.

Thats cause Potsdam N.Y. is way upstate and way too close to Canadia, he is from the east but not a NYer like us from the city
pinemnky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010   #29

yeah! ACC is a meany!!
seanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010   #30

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Send a message via AIM to craven_morhead
Quote:
I wasn’t happy with him but that kind of shit is just gonna cause problem for everyone. I stopped and spoke with him briefly.
Flipping off rangers is also gonna cause a problem for everyone.

Quote:
What he did seem interested in was strictly enforcing the rules on that little sign.
How dare he?
craven_morhead is offline   Reply With Quote