camping beta near Browns canyon - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-21-2011   #1

boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
camping beta near Browns canyon

I am heading down to Browns canyon and cannot remember how to get to the primitive area camping . I sort of remember it being just a large wide open area. Any help would be appreciated. Also, any advice on running seidels at this level for rafts? Thanks

shoenfeld13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2011   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoenfeld13 View Post
I am heading down to Browns canyon and cannot remember how to get to the primitive area camping . I sort of remember it being just a large wide open area. Any help would be appreciated. Also, any advice on running seidels at this level for rafts? Thanks
If you're thinking of the large area just north of, and along the county road to, the Ruby Mountain campground ("Cogan's"), it's off-limits (has been for going on two seasons now) and is posted as such.

Generally speaking, users of the area more or less refused to police themselves and behave in a reasonable manner, so the policing was done for them and the area closed to such use by its owner.
dirtbagpinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011   #3

TOUCHDOWN, Mississippi
Paddling Since: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoenfeld13 View Post
There are lots of BLM options (free & primitive) in the area... Brown's creek just south of nathrop.. Take cr 270 just south of nathrop, follew this through the cattle guard and camp anywhere.

Elephant rock north of BV is a great spot too. And riverside next to frog rock rapid.

Watch the firebans, FYI.
OleMissBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2011   #4

boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Thanks Ole Miss, that must be the place I used to go. Free and primitive is the life for me. Happy boating.
shoenfeld13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browns, browns canyon